Transfers

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
So even though we had an amazing season, I doubt everyone who's eligible to play next year will actually come back. Has anyone heard anything or have an idea of who might be gone. I don't know if Ant Harrell will be back, I can't really think of anyone else. Thomas O'Reilly maybe? Lynn Griffin possibly? (don't think it's lack talent here, the coaches don't like how he plays "his own way"). Anyone else yall can think of?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Really nothing positive that will come out of this speculation..it's just a pure guessing game. If anything some may move on who are graduating that don't see a lot of playing time.

Anthony Harell will likely be a starter next year...don't see him leaving.

For now...Enjoy the Orange Bowl win :)

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
Really nothing positive that will come out of this speculation..it's just a pure guessing game. If anything some may move on who are graduating that don't see a lot of playing time.

Anthony Harell will likely be a starter next year...don't see him leaving.

For now...Enjoy the Orange Bowl win :)

This. Let's save the "who is leaving" conversation for next week. For now we are a legit top 8 team, one of the best GT seasons in the last 50 years. Enjoy it!!

Leonard Larramore

Jolly Good Fellow
So even though we had an amazing season, I doubt everyone who's eligible to play next year will actually come back. Has anyone heard anything or have an idea of who might be gone. I don't know if Ant Harrell will be back, I can't really think of anyone else. Thomas O'Reilly maybe? Lynn Griffin possibly? (don't think it's lack talent here, the coaches don't like how he plays "his own way"). Anyone else yall can think of?
This is a flat out STUPID comment. I hate when individuals make dumb comments and have no true insight on what's really going on and before you respond I spoke with two coaches after the game and what you stated is a lie. The kid's setpack was due to a mistake he made. It is also being discussed that he may be playing out of position (he is a safety). By now you think you would know that Johnson does not bite his tongue and he would have stated that Lynn wants to do things his way. Dude enjoy the win and stop with assumptions.

Last edited:

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
This is a flat out STUPID comment. I hate when individuals make dumb comments and have no true insight on what's really going on and before you respond I spoke with two coaches after the game and what you stated is a lie. The kid's setpack was due to a mistake he made. It is also being discussed that he may be playing out of position (he is a safety). By now you think you would know that Johnson does not bite his tongue and he would have stated that Lynn wants to do things his way. Dude enjoy the win and stop with assumptions.
Leonard, I know next to nothing about the situation. Hell I don't even know much about football. I do know this: Lynn was highly recruited out of high school and I have never heard anything but good things about him out of the coaches mouths. I also know he is surrounded by incredible people in his life so there is no doubt he is a good kid and great things will happen for him. I for one can't wait to see him on the field next year. Go Jackets!

Milwaukee

Banned
I agree with Eric. This isn't a discussion to have.

But besides that, since you brought it up - have you seen this team's chemistry on and off the field (social media, etc)? This group of kids absolutely love each other and it's obvious. This is the most united team I've ever witnessed at Tech. Why the hell would they want to transfer is the way I see it. These kids are blowin up on campus and becoming mini rockstars, and they deserve it. I'm glad Musburger touched on it last night: these kids are a tight-knit group in the classroom (calculus reference) and on the gridiron.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Top programs have guys who dont play all that much until their last year or two.

This year we had several guys shine who had quietly been waiting their time, getting experience, etc. Zenon, Snoddy, Days, etc.

Some guys gotta develop.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If O'Reilly, Cheeks graduate before fall semester, they will have a good job awaiting them. GT has excellent intern positions connected all around the Metro Area with major employers. Going after a Master's, while making a nice salary can be very beneficial for their future. They served dutifully on the scout field, got to see some action in a game, played on a great team and went to a fantastic institute of higher learning.

No shame in making a decision not to get beaten up for a fifth year. They will always be treated as part of the team. We have student athletes who came in with them, who have to move on with no eligibility left.