Transfers Out

knoxjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Exactly.....I have no problem with being honest with players WRT their expected playing time and letting them choose their direction.
I do think that the NCAA rules need changing however, so that when a HC is fired leaves, or retires, that players have a right to transfer.......except to teams within the same league and the team a coach is moving to.

Players should be able to transfer any year without penalty like any other student.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I and several others have said that transfers are expected...it happens every year. The line is crossed with some posters that have stated they HOPED/WANTED kids to transfer/ be processed.

I see what you're saying, and I know I used the word want but absolutely not in any form processed. It seems to be more of a language issue. I'd rephrase and say that I want what's best for each and every SA and expect some will calculate that to not be playing GT football in the future, but I don't want any of our guys to leave for any other reason than their choice based on what they have carefully decided is best for their priorities in life with full support from our staff in objectively evaluating that decision based on the best information possible. Hope that helps and sorry if my words sounded like I wanted anything other than the best for our players.

Animal02

Banned
I see what you're saying, and I know I used the word want but absolutely not in any form processed. It seems to be more of a language issue. I'd rephrase and say that I want what's best for each and every SA and expect some will calculate that to not be playing GT football in the future, but I don't want any of our guys to leave for any other reason than their choice based on what they have carefully decided is best for their priorities in life with full support from our staff in objectively evaluating that decision based on the best information possible. Hope that helps and sorry if my words sounded like I wanted anything other than the best for our players.
Others posted they were hoping for kids to leave.....you got lumped in with that.