Transfer rules and scholarships

Jmonty71

Banned
I am curious. If a scholarship player transfers, I'm assuming the school they go to picks up the scholarship. When that happens we get another scholarship slot open, right? What I assume may not be right..... Anyone know how this works?

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
IIRC The rule for 2022 is a school gets to replace seven (7) portal out-transfers without it going against the 25/85. Suddes is earning his paycheck keeping the numbers straight.

NCAA did this until they (NCAA) can get their act together & figure out something legal & logical without getting the U.S. Department of Justice involved.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
IIRC The rule for 2022 is a school gets to replace seven (7) portal out-transfers without it going against the 25/85. Suddes is earning his paycheck keeping the numbers straight.

NCAA did this until they (NCAA) can get their act together & figure out something legal & logical without getting the U.S. Department of Justice involved.
Didn’t they expand the 25 to 35 this year because of COVID roster issues?

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
I still can't find if the 85 scholarship limit has been increased. Everything I read shows a one year exception to sign up to 32 players (the normal 25 max plus up to 7 more depending if you have lost at least 7 players to the transfer portal which GT has). But I still don't see a change to the 85 total. Has anyone else seen anything different on the total of 85 scholarship limit?

ChicagobasedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I still can't find if the 85 scholarship limit has been increased. Everything I read shows a one year exception to sign up to 32 players (the normal 25 max plus up to 7 more depending if you have lost at least 7 players to the transfer portal which GT has). But I still don't see a change to the 85 total. Has anyone else seen anything different on the total of 85 scholarship limit?
It’s still capped at 85 total. You can just bring in 32 depending on if your portal losses.