Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
I'm guessing we enticed Burkhalter by offering him the opportunity to play both TE and rush DE, CGC says he likes to do that, it is a path for kids to NFL. Better investment opportunity for NFL teams. Just my guess, been wrong before. This thing appears to be slowly coming together to maybe have some potential, now have staff that can attract some kids that fit where we want to go after having to take first 3 years to work through kids that did not fit where we wanted to go.
Wish we could find an interior DL that can pass rush as well as run stop., I too was sad to see kid from Memphis not come.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Also, ESPN showed UK spring game last night. RJ adams repping at 2nd string center. Looked decent in the plays I watched. Assuming he may be competing with Franklin at center.
I think the staff is counting on Adams to either be the starting center or a primary reserve along the interior OL.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Bio

Started 7 games for W Ill this past season. Was 15th on the team in tackles with 13. Had 2 TFL and 1 sack.
Obviously a play to add a little depth to the DL. Played 4 games total at TX and 12 games total (8 starts) at W Ill.
Career totals: 16 games (8 starts - Youngstown St (2), Ball St, Montana, E. Washington, S. Ill, SD State, IND ST), 18 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 1.5 sacks.