Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think he meant to say STDs.

No wonder we're having attendance issues!
Don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh, don't laugh ....

Not Funny Reaction GIF by The Drew Barrymore Show
Be Cool Lol GIF by Gogglebox Australia

... whew, that was close *ahem*
Can you guys please just grow up? Geez. :sneaky:

Maybe the surrounding activities will drive up student attendance?

I can't tell. You tryna re-rail the thread or ...

Over Your Head Joke GIF

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The way the Taisun article is written it feels like Taisun is planning on coming into the program to compete for the starting job, but the author suggests he is coming primarily to supply more depth and try to push Sims in practice. Whether that is just the author writing what he thinks or whether he has non-public info that would corroborate his opinion I don't know.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The way the Taisun article is written it feels like Taisun is planning on coming into the program to compete for the starting job, but the author suggests he is coming primarily to supply more depth and try to push Sims in practice. Whether that is just the author writing what he thinks or whether he has non-public info that would corroborate his opinion I don't know.
I would imagine (and hope) from his standpoint Taisun's coming here to compete for the starting job. That's what "pushing Sims in practice" would mean - to compete.
Maybe
the staff looks at him as a backup.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
Interesting summary of 2022 portal losses vs gains
GIF by Another Period

That author isn't too optimistic of our upcoming football team. I would even go so far as to say, the author is relentless in his analysis, he might be crossing the line into Elite territory.

On a serious note, coach has lost the fan base, and has for some time now. I know in organizations, it typically the people at the top that are last to know, but somebody should really go talk to Stans...Its going to be brutal this year. We might not have 20k fans for some games.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
GIF by Another Period

That author isn't too optimistic of our upcoming football team. I would even go so far as to say, the author is relentless in his analysis, he might be crossing the line into Elite territory.

On a serious note, coach has lost the fan base, and has for some time now. I know in organizations, it typically the people at the top that are last to know, but somebody should really go talk to Stans...Its going to be brutal this year. We might not have 20k fans for some games.
I think they do know. That is why we have not had a press conference/appearance from either of them in quite some time. That, and the number of press conferences this off-season, besides the ones to introduce the new staff, have been reduced, or at least it feels that way. Both T-Stan and CGC are hopefully working their tails off to stall or stop the loss of their jobs.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Interesting summary of 2022 portal losses vs gains
This is, in my opinion, the most objective, detailed, reasoned and accurate prediction for the future of the program that I have read.
In my heart, I so want this NOT to be true. But in my mind, it seems like the most realistic outcome. Collins is not HC material- never was, never will be.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
This is, in my opinion, the most objective, detailed, reasoned and accurate prediction for the future of the program that I have read.
In my heart, I so want this NOT to be true. But in my mind, it seems like the most realistic outcome. Collins is not HC material- never was, never will be.
He will get hired to be a recruiter at a P5 school because that is what he does best.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I would imagine (and hope) from his standpoint Taisun's coming here to compete for the starting job. That's what "pushing Sims in practice" would mean - to compete.
Maybe
the staff looks at him as a backup.
This will be Sims third year in the system. Unless the new guy balls out in summer/fall he will be a backup at least starting out. If Sims doesn't respond with marked improvement after 2-3 years, it would be time to move on from Sims.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
GIF by Another Period

I think they do know. That is why we have not had a press conference/appearance from either of them in quite some time. That, and the number of press conferences this off-season, besides the ones to introduce the new staff, have been reduced, or at least it feels that way. Both T-Stan and CGC are hopefully working their tails off to stall or stop the loss of their jobs.

Know what 'they' do know? They know the fans largely don't know what TF they're looking at or what TF they're talking about.

Nor do the fans truly grasp what a coaching change entails. The fans watch the crap show that happens at places that have far more money for coaches than our fans' support is capable of garnering. Yet they somehow think, "Nah that won't be us."

These same fans have watched what their toxicity did to our basketball program years ago. Yet they continue to think, "Nah my incessant deriding of the coach won't have lasting damage, regardless of who the coach ends up being once the guy I hate's gone."

The fans keep thinking it's about Collins, but it's really not. Rot is rot. And what folks are sowing is rot for our program. And, spoiler alert, it doesn't go away once the coach is fired. Our basketball program is a literal, shining example of this. No idea why folks continue to court disaster.

It's mindboggling but completely expected since GT folks are the smartest dumb people in the world.

JacketFan137

Banned
Know what 'they' do know? They know the fans largely don't know what TF they're looking at or what TF they're talking about.

Nor do the fans truly grasp what a coaching change entails. The fans watch the crap show that happens at places that have far more money for coaches than our fans' support is capable of garnering. Yet they somehow think, "Nah that won't be us."

These same fans have watched what their toxicity did to our basketball program years ago. Yet they continue to think, "Nah my incessant deriding of the coach won't have lasting damage, regardless of who the coach ends up being once the guy I hate's gone."

The fans keep thinking it's about Collins, but it's really not. Rot is rot. And what folks are sowing is rot for our program. And, spoiler alert, it doesn't go away once the coach is fired. Our basketball program is a literal, shining example of this. No idea why folks continue to court disaster.

It's mindboggling but completely expected since GT folks are the smartest dumb people in the world.
nah you don’t get it. the next insanely negative thing i post about collins will be the one that gets him fired and turns this program around. if i try really hard i can make a difference!!

JacketFan137

Banned
based on what we’ve seen from both on the field it would be a pretty insane turn around for taisun to win the job. he struggled with significantly more talent at clemson. realistically he is a depth piece but no player is ever going to say “i’m here to backup a qb with 3 years of eligibility”

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
nah you don’t get it. the next insanely negative thing i post about collins will be the one that gets him fired and turns this program around. if i try really hard i can make a difference!!

Agreed. Because constantly posting unnecessary, negative stuff is definitely more likely to get 'im fired than it is to ruin this great site for folks that just want to commune with other GT fans.

gt69hjcollins

Georgia Tech Fan
Our incoming recruiting and transfer class is a little above average. If our problem last year was mainly coaching, and I believe it was, the coaching changes should improve our performance. Hopefully it will. Since our head coach and DC did not change I expect the improvement to be diminished. I will be pulling for the team and hoping for success, but I am not optimistic. I expect Long to be an interim coach before the year is over.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Our guy @kg01 Put down the list pen to pick up the microphone then dropped some facts on us this morning.

If the fans bag the program, the program looks worse,
If the program looks worse, the players think less of it,
Good players don't want to play for bad programs.
STOP YELLING AND PUBLISHING THE PART OF THE STORY WE DON'T LIKE.
We mismanaged the transition from a style of ball to another,
We went from a Scheme Hero Coach to one focused more on Jimmy and Joes,
We have righted the scheme bits on the O side, and have a Historically D Focused HC.

If you are passionate - go give your money to https://www.jacketsforatlanthropy.com/ or https://www.swarmtheatl.com/ or https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-athletic-association/
If you are here to complain and not support the program.. Paging Dr. KG01..

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Our guy @kg01 Put down the list pen to pick up the microphone then dropped some facts on us this morning.

If the fans bag the program, the program looks worse,
If the program looks worse, the players think less of it,
Good players don't want to play for bad programs.
STOP YELLING AND PUBLISHING THE PART OF THE STORY WE DON'T LIKE.
We mismanaged the transition from a style of ball to another,
We went from a Scheme Hero Coach to one focused more on Jimmy and Joes,
We have righted the scheme bits on the O side, and have a Historically D Focused HC.

If you are passionate - go give your money to https://www.jacketsforatlanthropy.com/ or https://www.swarmtheatl.com/ or https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-athletic-association/
If you are here to complain and not support the program.. Paging Dr. KG01..

And I'm not telling folks to be happy with our recent results. I'm just saying constantly b*tching about it gets old. We get it. Ya'll don't like the guy. You don't like his demeanor. You don't like his mama. You don't like his face. We freaking get it.

They need to start asking themselves. Do you hate him more than you love GT?

If you do, then carry on.

If you don't, recognize what's good for the program and give your energy (and money) to that.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer

Interesting take. I haven't heard the opinion that the negativity around Hewitt killed our program (is that what you're referring to?). I lost a ton of interest back then, because I was disappointed in the results on the court. OK, frustrated and angry about the results on the court (see Clogged Toilet Offense). But I am unsure that this negativity has created a hangover that could not be undone by future coaches, especially Pastner (whose positivity I have always enjoyed, even when I got frustrated with GT's early season embarrassing losses).

It has seemed to me that it has been a $$$ issue all along for our major programs, whether it be money necessary to hire the higher profile coaches, or money for NIL deals (now), or whatever. It's just hard for me to believe that message boards have that much power and influence. But maybe I'm wrong...

When I do get frustrated and angry, I generally try to stop posting and go silent, as I just don't think negativity is good for anyone (other message board readers, or myself).

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
And I'm not telling folks to be happy with our recent results. I'm just saying constantly b*tching about it gets old. We get it. Ya'll don't like the guy. You don't like his demeanor. You don't like his mama. You don't like his face. We freaking get it.

They need to start asking themselves. Do you hate him more than you love GT?

If you do, then carry on.

If you don't, recognize what's good for the program and give your energy (and money) to that.
My apathy for the program has exceeded B*** L**** level. That is why my post rate has plummeted. If you dont have anything good to say then dont. So I typically dont. But, I still feel better about this year than any of the last three. Coaching skill set is by far the most important and I feel like we have significant upgrades going on right now at the coaching level for this year. Hopefully it can progress rapidly and help to turn this season around.

I am a buyer not a seller going into this season

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Interesting take. I haven't heard the opinion that the negativity around Hewitt killed our program (is that what you're referring to?). I lost a ton of interest back then, because I was disappointed in the results on the court. OK, frustrated and angry about the results on the court (see Clogged Toilet Offense). But I am unsure that this negativity has created a hangover that could not be undone by future coaches, especially Pastner (whose positivity I have always enjoyed, even when I got frustrated with GT's early season embarrassing losses).

It has seemed to me that it has been a $$$ issue all along for our major programs, whether it be money necessary to hire the higher profile coaches, or money for NIL deals (now), or whatever. It's just hard for me to believe that message boards have that much power and influence. But maybe I'm wrong...

When I do get frustrated and angry, I generally try to stop posting and go silent, as I just don't think negativity is good for anyone (other message board readers, or myself).

It's obviously not "message boards having that much power/influence". But I do think the tone of the fanbase, which is captured to a degree by boards like this, shows up tangibly in areas such as fan support, money donated, etc.

The media certainly runs with it, which has a tangible impact on the program.

I just don't get why we, as fans, add to it. I'm not saying be a blind homer but constantly tearing everything down simply does not help.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
It's obviously not "message boards having that much power/influence". But I do think the tone of the fanbase, which is captured to a degree by boards like this, shows up tangibly in areas such as fan support, money donated, etc.

The media certainly runs with it, which has a tangible impact on the program.

I just don't get why we, as fans, add to it. I'm not saying be a blind homer but constantly tearing everything down simply does not help.
That all makes sense.

Personally, I think why folks do it at times is to try to get the attention of the higher-ups at GTAA. I recall being incensed when AD Radakovich went out of his way to persuade Hewitt to stay when St. John's was courting him, only to fire him a year later. Was it the fan's apathy and anger that finally turned Radakovich around? Something certainly did. I guess I'll never understand the workings of our AA when things like that happen. But, I can understand getting so frustrated that you try to find ANY way to send your message to the AD.

Not saying you're wrong though. That frustration does have a negative impact. But then we may need to add our AD's to your list, because it is often their inaction that prompts the harshest fan reactions.