Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

JacketFan137

Banned

this is actually very interesting and i believe is actual competition for sims. there may be an actual qb battle now. this guy coming out was pretty interesting. as a passer i’m not sure he’s really great but as a runner this guy is as electric as sims. not sure how his development has come along though. this tells me gibson likely hasn’t impressed in practice and based off spring ball i agree

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

Interesting. Folks comin for Sims' head. Competition gonna be ......

fierce tyra banks GIF

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
this is actually very interesting and i believe is actual competition for sims. there may be an actual qb battle now. this guy coming out was pretty interesting. as a passer i’m not sure he’s really great but as a runner this guy is as electric as sims. not sure how his development has come along though. this tells me gibson likely hasn’t impressed in practice and based off spring ball i agree

This is more about not having to count on Pyron as go to guy if an injury occur. Solid depth guy, but from what I’ve seen of him, he’s not competing for the starter spot

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. Folks comin for Sims' head. Competition gonna be ......

fierce tyra banks GIF

It's more about depth. Sims is still the best QB on the roster.

Taisun has some nice tools to utilize. From the limited film I've seen (mostly spring games and highlights) he does seem much more comfortable moving around inside the pocket than Sims does.

He's a BIG dude. Sims has a history of getting hurt, so the backups will get their opportunities. CGC is coaching for his life, and Chip Long wants to prove to the football world he's still a hotshot OC. I think Sims leash will be a lot shorter next season.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

"Long, wiry frame with ability to fill out. Dual threat ability. Escapability in pocket and running threat. Uses his big frame well with a high release point. Has a big arm and ball comes out freely. Sometimes displays quick release and ball spins well. Can step up in pocket and make throws in tight windows. Needs to improve accuracy and better control his strong arm. Getting consistency on intermediate and deep throws is a necessity. Must work on getting through progressions and not bailing on pocket too quickly. Must develop passing game to be contributor at a high level Power 5 school. Late-round NFL draft pick or free agent."

Sounds a lot like someone we know...

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Imagine what GT can do with money to hire more guys like Kenyatta Watson, keep guys like Tashard Choice, and put together an overall higher level staff.

It'll always be a money game regardless of academics like at GT.
Let's start with you....did you give to the AT Fund? Did you renew/get season tix? I'm not mocking you, I hope you did both, just using you as an example. We all know its about money, to improve staff, to improve NIL opportunities, improve facilities, etc. Yet so many here think that having a wait and see before they donate mentality is the best way forward. I understand how upset they are, but did uga fans withhold money to fire Richt? They voiced their displeasure online and to the AD, but those mutts still donated. Now look at them. Like CGC, hate CGC, like ADTS or hate ADTS, the name of the game now is donate donate donate.
Maybe if every person had kept season tix or kept donating over the past 3 years, ADTS might of had the money to fire CGC AND hire the new staff.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
I will be honest, I was not expecting us to go QB. Taisun also has 3 years of eligibility remaining. At the very least, he is a quality depth guy which is needed with the turnover at the QB positiion that we have had over the years.

Anybody have any ideas where else we go position-wise in the portal. I am thinking we snag a linebacker for depth. We seem super thin at that position. A couple more guys in the trenches on both sides of the ball wouldn't hurt either. Here is what I am thinking.

1. OL and LB for depth reasons. We are thin at both. LB in particular. Thomas and Eley are the returners and then we have a couple of super young players. There is a Temple LB that was on Collins' 2017 class, Audley Isaacs that would be an ILB depth guy for us
2. DL for the same as 1. Need to keep guys rotating there so they are fresh
3. Another running back that may not be a splash transfer to build depth. A solid special teamer as well. We lost 3 to the portal/NFL, have gotten 2 from the portal and 1 freshman. Only 4 backs is not a lot for a college team
4. Kicker? Cimaglia helped some last year but our kicking game has been rough under Collins. Our punter was inconsistent last year but it was his first year. Not expecting us to replace him
5. Please, for the love of God, not another DB. We have been portal heavy with defensive backs the past 2 years and we need the guys that we have gotten on campus to show up to justify recruiting that position in the portal so heavily.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This is more about not having to count on Pyron as go to guy if an injury occur. Solid depth guy, but from what I’ve seen of him, he’s not competing for the starter spot
"we need to get quality depth to have good practice". when cgc arrived
1. he had scout team guys to get reps in practice because we may need for them to play. he just ran lots of reps in practice = did not work.

2. he had 3 qbs that had virtually no game experience . Three years later he now has 3 coaches that talk to the qb.

With the qb coaching emphasis - we should have quality back ups - maybe cgc has getting organized.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
The Bible verse he referenced, Jeremiah 29:11:

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
"and after 70 years i will return you from the land that i have banished you"

TP - Welcome to GT hope you find the as your home.