Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
Iirc most if not all expenses for college athletics are paid for by the athletics dept, I may be wrong but I don’t think they are really coming out of any school’s actual operating budget, so the incentive to go this route is basically zero. Wishful thinking but we aren’t getting out of this that easy.

I wonder how long it will be until they decide to start paying high-school athletes NIL as well? It’s already happening (forever) for top players anyway...
Oh my how silly of me, I never even considered NIL in high school! The genie is out of the bottle...

slugboy

Staff member
Oh my how silly of me, I never even considered NIL in high school! The genie is out of the bottle...
I believe some athletes were already making money in high school that they were having to give up in college, which started the ball rolling. It’s a totally different genie in college football, at least for some players.

chewybaka

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe some athletes were already making money in high school that they were having to give up in college, which started the ball rolling. It’s a totally different genie in college football, at least for some players.
Making money in high school that they gave up in College! I'm such a boy scout, makes sense when you think about it, but it never occurred to me it was even possible!

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Declare bankruptcy and/or sue the Super Conference/NCAA for damages?

Desparate times
gut the edge and turn it into a night club.

tear down bobby dodd stadium - sell for high rise condo , school, business offices

with cash pay debt
Build up at rose bowl field
cut deal with mbs.

Or pray Ncaa grows some spine.

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
Desparate times
gut the edge and turn it into a night club.

tear down bobby dodd stadium - sell for high rise condo , school, business offices

with cash pay debt
Build up at rose bowl field
cut deal with mbs.

Or pray Ncaa grows some spine.
Or, just kick the can down the road, be passive, let it play out around you and see where things settle when the music stops…

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I'll go to my grave believing that the family of a certain RB from ugag in the late 70's/80's had a new house built for them before their son enrolled in athens.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
This is what we will do beyond a doubt, and everyone else in P5 as long as the conference tv payouts continue
Oil wells look like they will gradually decline till they water out. Then u have a bunch of pipe that has less oil going thru it and u owe the bank .

When clem, FSU, mia, UNC bolt- the TV money stops , but the debt payment continues.

Our leaders are surely working on strategic plans. Accounting is magical.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
With Sankey and the Cincinnati AD chairing the NCAA D1 transitional committee not much chance there will be any chance for academic schools to compete in the future --- at least in FB. College FB is rapidly becoming a pro league for the NFL. Some schools will want to keep the big bucks coming in while others struggle to maintain some resemblance of amateurism. My opinion is schools like GT need to seriously consider how CFB can reorganize into more competitive conferences that determine their own rules. It probably means not playing SEC teams including UGA and possibly Clemson. Games will be with UVA VT Vandy Duke NCSU Wake BC Rice SMU etc. TV will still need to fill air time but probably smaller contracts. The way things are going now it can't continue the way it is moving for most schools. Not sure where ND will go with these changes in the works. If it were to split up into two main P5 groups there could end up being two national champs named. Might see a playoff between those two like the old NFL AFL did originally. The NCAA does represent most of its members anymore.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
LOL one guy got drafted…LATE…at LB!
Juanyeh and Tre also got picked up as free agents, but that would hurt your argument to acknowledge. NFL teams think these three are all good enough to bring on board, but you think it's their fault we sucked. Who's opinion do I trust more, hmm...