Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I have. 1994. Not sure this team gave up last year as much as they were just overpowered by the end of the season. It seems you weren't around in 1994.
I was here for 1994. Last year was worse. 1994 sucked but we fired our coach and the AD put life back into the program. Last year was the exact opposite. We kept the coach, lost players, and instead of breathing life into the program our AD stayed the course of turning us into Vandy.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I was here for 1994. Last year was worse. 1994 sucked but we fired our coach and the AD put life back into the program. Last year was the exact opposite. We kept the coach, lost players, and instead of breathing life into the program our AD stayed the course of turning us into Vandy.
Yeah. I was there too. No way was last year worse.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well, after 1994 we had O’Leary. After 2021 we have….
We get to see this year whether that change is necessary or not. I know we all hope that the changes made already will be the trick. The powers that be have chosen that road, so now we should all be on the same wagon until the end of next year when we reassess. Just my opinion.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I have. 1994. Not sure this team gave up last year as much as they were just overpowered by the end of the season. It seems you weren't around in 1994.
I was, unfortunately around 1994. People forget that we opened that season with #7 ranked Arizona and played them tough losing 14-19. We played 4 ranked teams that year and lost to all of them but were only blown out by #8 FSU 10-41. Similar to last year we finished the season getting curb stomped by UGA 10-48. That team finished 1-10. The primary culprit being an offense that could move the ball some but could not score. Comparing that season to 2021 is like two sides of the same coin. Just really bad performances except that last year we did have a "signature win" over UNC and we beat Duke while playing both Virginia Tech and Miami to the wire. It can't get any worse...or can it?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I was, unfortunately around 1994. People forget that we opened that season with #7 ranked Arizona and played them tough losing 14-19. We played 4 ranked teams that year and lost to all of them but were only blown out by #8 FSU 10-41. Similar to last year we finished the season getting curb stomped by UGA 10-48. That team finished 1-10. The primary culprit being an offense that could move the ball some but could not score. Comparing that season to 2021 is like two sides of the same coin. Just really bad performances except that last year we did have a "signature win" over UNC and we beat Duke while playing both Virginia Tech and Miami to the wire. It can't get any worse...or can it?
I'd say 1994 was worse. Way worse. He lost the locker room and that's why he was fired. It was also 3 years from a championship team.

Last year's team was a year after Covid, when things were still weird. The style of play from Ross to L**** was much more similar than the style of play from Johnson to Collins, and they still sucked. So, yes, it could get a hell of a lot worse.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
IIRC, ND kicked a 46 yd FG with a little over a minute left to tie us.
I was at that game. Through the mists of time, I seem to recall that Tech crowded the line of scrimmage and dared the Irish to beat them through the air. The Notre Dame quarterback whose name I do not remember had a really bad day missing open receivers with passes just off their fingertips. It happens. When a quarterback has a bad game it is really frustrating for fans, coaches, receivers, the whole shebang. As I left the north stands that day an Irish fan told me that we were "lucky". Funny he should say that because they did not look like what I think of as a number one team. More Irish hype and claptrap I suppose.

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Well, after 1994 we had O’Leary. After 2021 we have….

1648676743199.jpeg

🙁

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
So, as I understand, we only have 75 scholarship players at present. Anybody got any insights on newcomers. It didn't sound real rosy in the recent AJC article that we will be getting much of substance with the "post-spring practice - oh - **** - I'm - not - going - to- start" players entering portal'.

For whatever reason, I'm still looking forward to the season. As usual, though, I will likely only make it to HC game, but still ready for some football.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
So, as I understand, we only have 75 scholarship players at present. Anybody got any insights on newcomers. It didn't sound real rosy in the recent AJC article that we will be getting much of substance with the "post-spring practice - oh - **** - I'm - not - going - to- start" players entering portal'.

For whatever reason, I'm still looking forward to the season. As usual, though, I will likely only make it to HC game, but still ready for some football.

We still have some who have not enrolled which i don't think counts against count at the moment.

runnerbuzz

Georgia Tech Fan
apparently, due to timing mims can’t transfer to another sec school. no insight, but youd think that certainly helps our chances.