Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
As we get closer to the February signing day we are starting to see the effect of portal commitments on rankings at 247sports.
A number of the big schools with coaching changes have been making hay in the transfer portal
LSU is #1 in the transfer rankings, Ole Miss #2, USC #3, FSU #4, OK #5, FL #8, GT now sits at #11.

This is starting to have an impact on their overall rankings as alot of these teams are moving up the overall rankings.
OK #8, LSU #9, UNC #10, FSU #12, Ole Miss #15, USC #16, FL #17, Miami #26, Clemson #27, GT #32, VT #33

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
As we get closer to the February signing day we are starting to see the effect of portal commitments on rankings at 247sports.
A number of the big schools with coaching changes have been making hay in the transfer portal
LSU is #1 in the transfer rankings, Ole Miss #2, USC #3, FSU #4, OK #5, FL #8, GT now sits at #11.

This is starting to have an impact on their overall rankings as alot of these teams are moving up the overall rankings.
OK #8, LSU #9, UNC #10, FSU #12, Ole Miss #15, USC #16, FL #17, Miami #26, Clemson #27, GT #32, VT #33
Thanks! That’s

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I had looked at something similar in baseball where we are seeing the same thing; the best programs are doing the best in getting transfers. Transfers in baseball are the same quick fix for a position weakness where experienced talent is desired. One subjective ranking (D1 Baseball) has transfer and recruiting impacts below. Many of these top 8 teams are perennial College World Series contenders (field of 8).
1642859665952.png

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
Notre Dame, KJ Wallace, CB, 5'10",187 in the portal as of 1/20. Originally offered by GT in 2017. A sophomore by on-field eligibility, Wallace will be a graduate transfer according to Tom Loy, "Notre Dame Defensive Back Enters the Transfer Portal". Wallace graduated from Lovett School in Atlanta.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Notre Dame, KJ Wallace, CB, 5'10",187 in the portal as of 1/20. Originally offered by GT in 2017. A sophomore by on-field eligibility, Wallace will be a graduate transfer according to Tom Loy, "Notre Dame Defensive Back Enters the Transfer Portal". Wallace graduated from Lovett School in Atlanta.
I am not sure he ever saw the field at ND. He got passed over by subsequent recruits, went to class, and got his degree. Smart kid. I bet he finds a home at school with a graduate program that fits in his plan.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I am not sure he ever saw the field at ND. He got passed over by subsequent recruits, went to class, and got his degree. Smart kid. I bet he finds a home at school with a graduate program that fits in his plan.
Agreed. Wallace was listed as a S/CB, but not much field time. His remaining eligibility leaves some room to grow. Wondered whether Khari's move would give insight or influence.