Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
He didn't just "look" good because he was here. The kid was and is d*mn good. Period, no qualifiers.

"This" will turn out quite well for him because he's probably better than the backs they have right now.
Totally agree with you!!! If someone can't see that Gibbs is a special talent then I don't even know what to say. I sense more sour grapes as the reason some are putting down his chances of excelling at Bama.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Totally agree with you!!! If someone can't see that Gibbs is a special talent then I don't even know what to say. I sense more sour grapes as the reason some are putting down his chances of excelling at Bama.

With Gibbs, we are about to see why the OC -P here was fired.How we had such a crappy run game esp with our backs (and really with a running QB) is beyond belief.Gibbs will kill it at Bama.

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
Zach Calzada to Auburn. I know he wasn’t really a big target for us, but he was someone that’s been mentioned a few times. I wonder why he left A&M in the first place. I’m not mad though because I’m decently sacrificed with our QB situation. Especially with Weinke coming in as QB Coach.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Zach Calzada to Auburn. I know he wasn’t really a big target for us, but he was someone that’s been mentioned a few times. I wonder why he left A&M in the first place. I’m not mad though because I’m decently sacrificed with our QB situation. Especially with Weinke coming in as QB Coach.

LSU's starter, and former 5 Star QB, Max Johnson transferred to TAMU. Had a really good season for LSU (2700+ yards, 27 TDs/6 INTs).

Mattmc10

Jolly Good Fellow
Smith is SO good. He was definitely overshadowed by Gibbs. He's not the passing threat Gibbs is, but I've always felt Smith was more explosive than Gibbs. Smith also worked on running between the tackles (I mean, when your RB coach is Choice, you better be able to run between the tackles) and he's a completely different back than when Choice first started working with him.

Gonna be fun watching him as RB1.
I like Smith a lot but Gibbs had 6 straight games with a TD of 50 yards +. You’re not getting more explosive than that.
Gibbs was lethal when left 1 on 1 last when here, that’ll basically be every play with the weapons Bama has. He will be incredible next year because he is that good.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Who the heck cares about what gibbs will or won't do? He left - cya. Time to focus on our guys.
I agree we need to focus on our guys, but it will be interesting nonetheless to watch his career from here on out. Besides, the argument “Who cares? He’s gone” won’t hold much water on this board. It’s like asking “Who cares about CPJ? He’s gone,” and we all know how difficult that argument is to kill off.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Who the heck cares about what gibbs will or won't do? He left - cya. Time to focus on our guys.
That’s completely fair. I happen to be interested to see how he does there.

But I’m not down on our RB room at all. I’ve been a Dontae Smith fan from the first time I saw him on the field. The kid Is special. And I am thrilled to have Jamious back.

And getting back to the subject of this thread… I’m really interested to see who decides to transfer to GT. There are a bunch of interesting guys visiting.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs will be a menace to SEC defenses under a competent offensive scheme, a strong OL, and other threats around him that take all the defensive focus off of him.

This move was necessary for his career, wish he stayed, but no hard feelings. Business decision.
Reports are that he is practicing with the team right now and is giving the 1st string D hell.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs will be a menace to SEC defenses under a competent offensive scheme, a strong OL, and other threats around him that take all the defensive focus off of him.

This move was necessary for his career, wish he stayed, but no hard feelings. Business decision.
Disagree that the move was necessary. The kid was getting noticed here and well on his way to being a high draft pick.