Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

Silk3

Ramblin' Wreck
5BB4C86F-3367-44F4-823F-3CE12EB451E8.png

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He will be just one of many at Alabama. He had the spotlight at Tech. Will be interesting to see how this turns out for him.

Go Jackets!

He didn't just "look" good because he was here. The kid was and is d*mn good. Period, no qualifiers.

"This" will turn out quite well for him because he's probably better than the backs they have right now.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
He didn't just "look" good because he was here. The kid was and is d*mn good. Period, no qualifiers.

"This" will turn out quite well for him because he's probably better than the backs they have right now.
Agree. Bama would not have offered a scholarship to him, given their RB room, if they did not agree as well.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
He will be just one of many at Alabama. He had the spotlight at Tech. Will be interesting to see how this turns out for him.

Go Jackets!
Talent and experience tends to trump many of his competitors in the bama running back room. He's just as talented if not more so than anyone on their roster and he has more experience than most in the room with him. His versatility in the return game also elevates him

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck

Yea too many people on here have underestimated how good Gibbs is for a long time.

He’s the best running back we’ve had since 2000 easily. Kid can do it all.

The fact that some on here we’re arguing Smith is a better back and that are saying Gibbs won’t play at Bama is laughable to me.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

I said it at the time, Gibbs may end up putting up better numbers at 'Bama: Better OL to run behind, better offensive weapons surrounding him so defenses can't key in on him, and a Heisman level QB that can get him the ball consistently in the passing game.

I would not be shocked if Gibbs is in the running for a Heisman at 'Bama.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs is great happy he came to Tech and played 2 years for us. Wish it work have worked out he could finish here but I can't blame him. I just happy Smith ( who I feel is also great) and Giffin are still here I think the new OC will bring out their best.

Smith is SO good. He was definitely overshadowed by Gibbs. He's not the passing threat Gibbs is, but I've always felt Smith was more explosive than Gibbs. Smith also worked on running between the tackles (I mean, when your RB coach is Choice, you better be able to run between the tackles) and he's a completely different back than when Choice first started working with him.

Gonna be fun watching him as RB1.

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
You can use Gibbs in so many different ways. He can run or catch the ball out of the backfield or just as easily line up out wide. There is a reason he was a top 100 player. The guy is just special and will be so at Bama as well.