Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
There are rumors out there that UGA is involved in the Caleb WIlliams sweepstakes. Let's see who ponies up the most.

Why? They have a 5 star dual threat QB already on the roster (Vandergriff) and a 5 star dual threat QB coming in next year (Stockton). Kirby would be making a huge mistake by taking in Williams.

Williams would do well to stay at OU, or go to UVA (where he's from) and play for new coach Tony Elliott.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Why? They have a 5 star dual threat QB already on the roster (Vandergriff) and a 5 star dual threat QB coming in next year (Stockton). Kirby would be making a huge mistake by taking in Williams.

Williams would do well to stay at OU, or go to UVA (where he's from) and play for new coach Tony Elliott.
He is going to go where the money is. I don't think UGA will end up doing it but they have a legitimate chance to win a national championship with Stetson Bennett. Imagine if they replaced him with one of the best QBs in college football who would have two years of eligibility left. Having multiple 5 star QB recruits is great. Having a 5 star that is already a proven commodity in college is even better. It would be a massive power play.

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

Can’t wait till Stockton or Vandergriff’s in the portal in 6 months. Hahs

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
West Weeks UVA true FR LB now in the portal.

Attachments

• D25AB0F8-0429-4893-BA54-05DE5B742F3F.png
    D25AB0F8-0429-4893-BA54-05DE5B742F3F.png
    719.9 KB · Views: 13

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Very successful freshman year. Would be a great haul for our LB room. 2021 3-star LB West Weeks entered the transfer portal after totaling 31 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 sack, 1 FR and 5 PD during his true freshman
I wonder what the record is for most portal entrants (if that is the correct term) by a program? UVA must be close to holding it.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer

I sincerely hope he is right. These rumors were out there days ago though, before that there were rumors of Miami as well. I doubt Williams even knows where he will go at this point. USC doesn't really need him either but im sure they would take him. If they do then I would guess Jaxton Dart and Miller Moss hit the portal.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I sincerely hope he is right. These rumors were out there days ago though, before that there were rumors of Miami as well. I doubt Williams even knows where he will go at this point. USC doesn't really need him either but im sure they would take him. If they do then I would guess Jaxton Dart and Miller Moss hit the portal.

Entertaining to follow. At the end of the day, if it doesn't affect GT, then really it's just all gossip to amuse us all until next football season.

JacketFan137

Banned
Can’t wait till Stockton or Vandergriff’s in the portal in 6 months. Hahs
kinda what i was saying about bailey once we got gibson. at least with RB/WR/CB/DL there’s multiple guys that play any given week and multiple can be on the field at any given time. with QB you get one really.

i don’t know what kinda message it sends recruits to just be flooding the team with an absurd amount of competition and watching 2/3 guys transfer out every cycle

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
I agree. Weeks is now 6'2" and 220#. Could he add another 10 pounds? I would be looking closely at this kid.
Who cares, he's stacked up and pretty strong at this point. Dude could eat nice at Houson's and gain 10 pounds in a weekend.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
Just not having the position in years, I really hope we can find a good TE in the portal or HS route. Make Tech Tight End Uni…institute.