Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Look around ladies and gentlemen, @GTJackets is your better.

Pay homage, but don't look upon him. You're not worthy.

Just so we're clear, you guys are doing the leg work and bringing it to this thread. I just compiled it all into a single list so we could keep up easier. I think the only one I didn't get from this thread is the JUCO OL that I saw on Twitter this morning.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Posters here blamed for the bad offense when he was the oc and refused to run the plays the head coach wanted.

Saw his dad at a function - he saw my gt shirt and he came over and we visited.
He gave a great motivational talk to a city wide assembly of hs football . He said many things about his fame at auburn - then he talked about what a wonderful ex perince it was to coach to winning state championship. He said the most impactful thing that year was how the players bonded and first one then 2 then 6 and finally 50 each dedicated their life to Christ. I like the guy - seems like he is a level headed fellow.

GTRock

Jolly Good Fellow
Spencer Rattler to USCe. Don't think we were ever in play but just in case he was mentioned in this thread....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Excited for the next chapter!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpursUp?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#SpursUp</a>🤙🏽 <a href="https://t.co/AevyElKhAa">pic.twitter.com/AevyElKhAa</a></p>&mdash; Spencer Rattler (@SpencerRattler) <a href="">December 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
honestly not a whole lot. dude was wildly erratic and had to be benched multiple times throughout his career. makes no sense to bring him in
Sims has 20 interceptions in 18 games and is a 57% passer with 444 attempts.

Nix has 16 interceptions in 34 games and is a 59% passer with 1057 attempts.

I don’t necessarily want Nix to come to Tech, but he would almost assuredly be an immediate upgrade at QB. He just doesn’t really have anymore room to grow whereas Sims does.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Spencer Rattler to USCe. Don't think we were ever in play but just in case he was mentioned in this thread....

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Excited for the next chapter!<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SpursUp?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc^tfw">#SpursUp</a>🤙🏽 <a href="https://t.co/AevyElKhAa">pic.twitter.com/AevyElKhAa</a></p>&mdash; Spencer Rattler (@SpencerRattler) <a href="">December 14, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Rattler has an elite arm, and elite QB physical skillsets, but he's missing the temperament and leadership qualities to match. Hopefully a change of scenery and digesting what went wrong at OU will help him get back on track. Was a surefire 1st rounder when the season started, and has always been tabbed as a future NFL QB.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I don't see any reason to believe Nix is even considering coming here. But if you're going to compare the two you need to weight their most recent production. For instance, Sims first four games will always have those 8 INTs, but as he gets more experience those first 3 games will be less indicative of his current level of play

So while it is accurate to say Sims has 20 INTs in 17 games (and I believe it is just 17), it's also accurate to say he's thrown just 12 in his last 14. It's also accurate to say he three 7 INTs in effectively 6 games last year.

Last year Nix was a 61% accuracy passer on 323 attempts at 7.1 ypa and 11Tds to 3 INTs in 10 games. As a runner he was a 2.9 ypc with 4 TDs.
Last year Sims was a 60% accuracy passer on 188 attempts at 7.8 ypa and 12 TDs to 7 INTs in, effectively, 6 games. As a runner he was 5.3 ypc with 4 TDs.

Keep in mind when looking at those stats that Nix's includes games against Akron and Alabama State of a combined 29/39 with 5 TDs and 0 INTs. Sims didn't have the advantage of playing against Kennesaw state to help pad stats. Without those two games his numbers look as the following.

59.2% passing on 6.7 ypa with 6 TDs and 3 INts.

Of course Nix also had to play against several while Sims was hurt for Clemson/ND/UGA. Now against Pitt, the best team Sims did play against, he went 24-34 for 359 yards, and 2 TDs, but also 2 INTs. Now obviously he wouldn't have had those same stats against ND/UGA but it's worth noting.

The last thing is the surrounding situation as IMO, Nix was in a better position to succeed and if he came here next year he'd be going from a better situation to a worse situation while Sims would be going from a worse situation to a, hopefully, better situation, so you would expect Sims to be able to improve on his numbers more readily than Nix to improve on his. Especially since Nix already had a year more experience.

In general, I think people need to realize that we're not going to get an obvious upgrade at QB in the portal, and that's not really a problem. With Sims being a soph sitting at 60% on 7.8 ypa and his running ability is not a bad spot for a QB. We need to improve on the OL and WR far more than QB, with the note that we need Sims to stay healthy next year.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I don't see any reason to believe Nix is even considering coming here. But if you're going to compare the two you need to weight their most recent production. For instance, Sims first four games will always have those 8 INTs, but as he gets more experience those first 3 games will be less indicative of his current level of play

So while it is accurate to say Sims has 20 INTs in 17 games (and I believe it is just 17), it's also accurate to say he's thrown just 12 in his last 14. It's also accurate to say he three 7 INTs in effectively 6 games last year.

Last year Nix was a 61% accuracy passer on 323 attempts at 7.1 ypa and 11Tds to 3 INTs in 10 games. As a runner he was a 2.9 ypc with 4 TDs.
Last year Sims was a 60% accuracy passer on 188 attempts at 7.8 ypa and 12 TDs to 7 INTs in, effectively, 6 games. As a runner he was 5.3 ypc with 4 TDs.

Keep in mind when looking at those stats that Nix's includes games against Akron and Alabama State of a combined 29/39 with 5 TDs and 0 INTs. Sims didn't have the advantage of playing against Kennesaw state to help pad stats. Without those two games his numbers look as the following.

59.2% passing on 6.7 ypa with 6 TDs and 3 INts.

Of course Nix also had to play against several while Sims was hurt for Clemson/ND/UGA. Now against Pitt, the best team Sims did play against, he went 24-34 for 359 yards, and 2 TDs, but also 2 INTs. Now obviously he wouldn't have had those same stats against ND/UGA but it's worth noting.

The last thing is the surrounding situation as IMO, Nix was in a better position to succeed and if he came here next year he'd be going from a better situation to a worse situation while Sims would be going from a worse situation to a, hopefully, better situation, so you would expect Sims to be able to improve on his numbers more readily than Nix to improve on his. Especially since Nix already had a year more experience.

In general, I think people need to realize that we're not going to get an obvious upgrade at QB in the portal, and that's not really a problem. With Sims being a soph sitting at 60% on 7.8 ypa and his running ability is not a bad spot for a QB. We need to improve on the OL and WR far more than QB, with the note that we need Sims to stay healthy next year.
Nice brake down that took a lot of work and I agree QB is not a problem but to me the defense has been the biggest problem