Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
There are two competing narratives on this site.

(1) Our players just need another year of experience. They will eventually be elite players. Grow old / stay old. Give them time.

(2) All the players we are losing in the portal weren’t helping us anyway. Next man up, or, at least, let’s get get some new guys in the program whether through the portal or a new recruiting class. We’ll come out ahead with better players when all the transfer smoke clears.

The problem I see is that the contradiction between these two narratives suggests we are not addressing the root cause. I don’t profess to know what will get us unstuck but I have concerns about what may be going on beneath the surface. Otherwise this is not a restaurant menu where you can take some from column (1) and some from column (2).
You forgot these:

- the sky is falling, the program is dead, let's play D3 because a few kids transfer.

- our coaches must be fired immediately because all of our best players are leaving. If they aren't fired, the let's hope more good guys leave, to get them fired.

On this board at least, the latter is actually the predominant view.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Oh, that's right...because it's part of a contract with a union then the equal employment opportunity laws can just be ignored! I'd forgotten about that lovely detail of American politics. Sigh.

It had nothing to do with the union. It has to do with federal labor law. You and everyone who liked your post should probably go read about the case to have an informed opinion.

JacketFan137

Banned
gibbs is irreplaceable so i don’t want to minimize that but i highly recommend yall watch some tape on antonio martin, our second highest recruit in the 2022 class. something about this kid seems special. has some GREAT film out there and i think he can be a workhorse back for us. really think with all the moving pieces he has a chance to be a day 1 starter

MACHETE

Georgia Tech Fan
It amazes me how how some of our fans think we’re the only program experiencing attrition right now. And some to the point where they’re worried we won’t even be able to field a team next year!?! It’s laughable. This happens every year to every CFB program. We’re not even one of the programs experiencing the most attrition at the moment. Dudes are gonna leave. Dudes are gonna come in. It happens. Now, we’re experiencing more attrition than I think we’re used to, which is alarming some fans, but don’t close the gates to Bobby Dodd just yet. I remember the off-season prior to the 2014 being TERRIBLE.
Lol. We lost our best player and best recruit. Plus we lost a talented backup RB that was going to get a bunch of reps. Things are pretty f'ing bad at GT right now.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
really think with all the moving pieces he has a chance to be a day 1 starter

That is high praise indeed as ,while Gibbs and Mason are truly great backs, I think Smith is their equal and at times last year thought he may have been our #1 all things considered. If he starts ahead of Smith he is going to have to have the same kind of special talent that JG has.

Lee

Ramblin' Wreck
Yep. So basically the amazing recruiting class we were trying to preserve by not ditching the HC isn't being preserved. Bummer.
This is laughable. Some of y’all will do anything to bash GT football.

The guy we lost has been wavering since he committed and was someone who was thought to be looking the whole season.

We have lost essentially nobody else to this point (save a late RB addition who looks like he may have seen the writing on the wall).

At the same time, our 4 star qb’ own dad has affirmed his commitment to GT on this board, we’ve seen one of our 4 star DTs post about his visit on Twitter, and have seen no other smoke about guys leaving that I’m aware of.

But y’all going ahead. Watch out for the sky because it’s falling…

Edit to point out I’m talking about recruiting specifically before any one points out Gibbs. I know he left.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
Can one-a you nerds post a list of the ins and outs? Following this thread, and all the associated whining and teeth-gnashing, is more depressing than simply knowing who's gone.

Eta: And, yes, you all should take that as a personal shot. Come at me, bros.
1639162612045.png

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
  • We Suck
  • We are great
  • We will be great
  • We will never be good again
  • Didn't need them
  • They left, end of program
  • Look at this class its great
  • This class sucks now
  • This class was overrated
  • Coaches Suck
  • Coaches are great
  • Coaches will be great
  • Fire the coaches
  • Coaches and players need 3 more years to develop

• Fans suck (I think we actually all agree that we all suck but for various reasons)
    • So I guess that means we are a united fanbase?!?!?

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Here's what I got from gleaning through this thread:

Staying
Dontae SmithRB2018
Transfer Out
NamePositionYear
Khaya WrightLB2020
Jahmyr GibbsRB2020
Jordan YatesQB2019
Jamal CampOL2019
Tony AmersonRB2019
Jamious GriffinRB2019
Jaquon GriffinDL2018
Draft
Juanyeh ThomasDB2018
Jordan MasonRB2017
Transfer In
Jamin GrahamDL2019Nebraska
Gerald MinceyOT2020Florida
Pierce QuickOL2019Alabama
Paul TchioOG2020Clemson
Jackson BrattonLB2020Alabama
Tylan MalikOLJackson State
Jake BoboWR2018Duke
Ryan JohnsonDL2017Stanford
Harrison BaileyQB2020Tennessee
M.J. GriffinS2019Temple
Elijah CanionWR2020Auburn
Kobie TurnerDTRichmond
Zach GibsonQB2019Akron

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Mya have missed some in that list but I tried to only include possible incoming transfers that have been connected to the program through a linked article or connected to Suddes through Twitter.

The kg account appreciates your effort. Consider yourself off the "list".

What's the "list"? Well, it's kinda like the second challenge in Squid Game. But don't worry about it too much though 'cause you're safe.

The rest of these bums ..................

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
The kg account appreciates your effort. Consider yourself off the "list".

What's the "list"? Well, it's kinda like the second challenge in Squid Game. But don't worry about it too much though 'cause you're safe.

The rest of these bums ..................
GIF by Eric

Well...not me...but you know...the rest of these guys. I can sleep soundly tonight.