Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Since he’s finishing his degree first, I really can’t fault him in any way for this decision. He must have worked hard to be able to graduate in 3 years, and by all accounts he was a great teammate. With a Tech degree in hand, he deserves a chance to see where his football career can take him before setting down. I wish him nothing but the best, and (as stated in his farewell tweet) he will always be a Tech man.
There is also the possibility that Yates is looking to pursue a graduate degree that Tech doesn't offer, or other schools have a program better suited towards his specific interest, or he just didn't get into Tech's graduate program for his desired course of study. Has happened before with athletes at Tech...

Just thankful for Yates' contributions to our program and wish him the best in his academic and athletic career moving forward.

JacketFan137

Banned
Yea, pathetic.
y’all have to keep this same energy for the anti-sims brigade. yates is a good kid, plays hard and have nothing but positive things to say about him as a person but we have to be honest that he was the back up for a reason.

yates mistakes are ignored and everyone wants to run sims out. makes no sense and is unfair to both

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
This new transfer rule is Armageddon for college football. They players leaving teams are a rapid pace. Like all the experts are saying they aren’t going to be enough spots for these kids to. Most will not be heard from again. It good for players like Gibbs that’s done good with there previous team but it’s not going to be good if you are a player that’s hadn’t done anything for a few years at your previous school.

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow
The people in charge of there school rosters management is sure as hell going to earn every dollar of their salary nowadays,

ramblin_man

Helluva Engineer
This new transfer rule is Armageddon for college football. They players leaving teams are a rapid pace. Like all the experts are saying they aren’t going to be enough spots for these kids to. Most will not be heard from again. It good for players like Gibbs that’s done good with there previous team but it’s not going to be good if you are a player that’s hadn’t done anything for a few years at your previous school.
I agree. For some they will have a humbling experience of their “open market value” isn’t near what their self perceived “skill level” is when their phones aren’t blowing up with multiple offers from various schools asking them to come play for them. However that may be a good wake up call for them to dedicate themselves to their academics or to their team and make the most out of their current situation. If their current coaches forgive/forget without processing them out due to the player “exploring options”. Tricky so make your choices wisely.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I stand corrected. Who was it that left to join that marketing/PR firm?

For some reason I thought it was Suddes. Obviously wrong though. Apologies.

That was after the first season I believe. His name escapes me at the moment (I have zero interest in looking it up), but CGC used to joke about having to mention him in every presser according to their working contract.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate Yates and Sims but they led us to a total of 3 wins. Debating their merits at this point is analogous to debating if Jaws 3-D is better than Jaws the Revenge. Yates is leaving so I really hope Sims stays with us and matures during the off-season but I’m not ready to hang my hat on his future performance. CGC needs to do some magic and find us a great QB.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
I appreciate Yates and Sims but they led us to a total of 3 wins. Debating their merits at this point is analogous to debating if Jaws 3-D is better than Jaws the Revenge. Yates is leaving so I really hope Sims stays with us and matures during the off-season but I’m not ready to hang my hat on his future performance. CGC needs to do some magic and find us a great QB.
Or provide proper coaching to a great QB that we may already have