Transfer Portal: Who's Coming and Going (2022 Roster)

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think Jordan was on track to finish up his undergrad soon so it might not come as a surprise to some.

And the carousel continues. I don't expect it to stop with Yates, but I wish it would.

I know, I know. "We don't need him anyway." is what many will say. The more of these that occur, along with any lost recruits, means that we are not getting back to respectability anytime soon, especially with CGC still at the helm.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Yates is a warrior. Played against the 3 best defenses we faced this year. Almost brought us back against NIU. Wish him the best of luck and I’ll be cheering for him.

Actually did bring us back against NIU. But the D gave up game winning drive and (questionable) two-point conversion for the win. Appreciate his effort in every game he played. He never seemed to walk out on the field with anything less than his best effort. Came to play and gave it his all for the Jackets every single time.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Have any of these guys, in their announcements, even mentioned their coaches/HC? I haven't seen anything in Jordan's or Jahmyr's. I did not see Juanyeh's.

I just don't believe that there is a close relationship and respect (which is the most important anyway) between some of the players and the HC/coordinators. Of course, I could be wrong for sure.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I would have been more surprised had he not transferred. Staff pretty much made it's choice clear this year in Sims, Yates is graduating, and going forward we'll have a back up (Peery) who isn't redshirting.

Good luck to him and I thought he handled the situation he found himself in as well as he could.

Was it just an unsubstantiated rumor that Peery is in the portal as well? Something about going back home to be closer to his GF? Lots of rumors flying around. Tough to keep up. But losing the top 3 QBs on your roster is going to be tough if this and Sims end up being accurate. Maybe our new OC can find a solid senior in the portal to get us something to cover us until Pyron is ready to take the reigns.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Was it just an unsubstantiated rumor that Peery is in the portal as well? Something about going back home to be closer to his GF? Lots of rumors flying around. Tough to keep up. But losing the top 3 QBs on your roster is going to be tough if this and Sims end up being accurate. Maybe our new OC can find a solid senior in the portal to get us something to cover us until Pyron is ready to take the reigns.
Hadn't read that one yet. Really hope Peery doesn't head out too. I liked what I saw from him in the minimal snaps I saw during the spring game.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

This is the first I've heard about Peery and he isn't showing up in the portal. It wouldn't surprise me for someone who is homesick to transfer but I haven't even heard the rumors.

Sims transferring has only been brought up by posters with an axe to grind with no credibility from what I've seen. Now could he? Sure. He'd be highly coveted and he might, but I doubt he will. I also think Yates entering the portal is a sign that Sims is probably back as Yates would almost certainly be the starter if Sims transferred and I doubt he's likely to start at a P5 school otherwise.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

I have heard from a source close to the program that Peery has been debating a transfer for the latter half of the season for family reasons. Not sure how accurate this info is though. If Peery leaves it's most likely NOT anything program related.

MAT 2005

Georgia Tech Fan
I have heard from a source close to the program that Peery has been debating a transfer for the latter half of the season for family reasons. Not sure how accurate this info is though. If Peery leaves it's most likely NOT anything program related.
I thought his family moved to Gwinnett last year??

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Since he’s finishing his degree first, I really can’t fault him in any way for this decision. He must have worked hard to be able to graduate in 3 years, and by all accounts he was a great teammate. With a Tech degree in hand, he deserves a chance to see where his football career can take him before setting down. I wish him nothing but the best, and (as stated in his farewell tweet) he will always be a Tech man.