Transfer Kicker - Brent Cimaglia

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is a happy, unexpected bit of news!

I had the same question as IM79 -- it would be more great news still if he could kick off deep. Practically every game last year we lost a whole bunch of yards every time we exchanged kickoffs.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

slugboy

Staff member
If we can kick it in the end zone and learn to just fair catch a kickoff we’ll improve drastically in field position. We were one of the few teams who would actually try and and run it back and we just about came up short of the 25 just about every time. That was ridiculous.
We've got the individual returners who can burn you on a kickoff or punt return. Even if we were a good special teams blocking team. we returned the ball way too often. We weren't a good special teams blocking crew though--I often saw at least one player with an unimpeded shot at the return man early during the return.
We've been recruiting a number of athletes. For special teams, depth at defensive back and linebacker is a help to having good coverage and return units. I don't know if we've added enough linebackers in our recruiting yet.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
It can't be understated how much this transfer is going to keep us in games during the 4th quarter next season. As others mentioned, we're talking about up to an additional 2 or 3 wins just because we can kick field goals again.
Ok I'm a little drunk cause I have spent the entire day with my wife who won't shut up.
But here's an example of how a good kicker can keep us in the game during the 4th quarter next year. We are playing Clemson ( I just picked them cause they probably won't win more than 11 games). Now we scored a TD in the first half ( and made the extra point so we have 7 points going in the 4 th quarter.They are having a bad game offensively and only have 38 points. We get the ball at the start of the 4 th quarter drive down to the 30. Now last year we would have punted but now we bring in our new kicker and he makes a 47 yard FG and the score is only 38 to 10. And now we only have to recover 4 onside kicks score 4 TD'S and remember we have a good kicked so we make all 4 extra points and tie them up. And of course we lose in overtime but that ain't important cause we were in the game.
And Damn she is still talking so I need another beer.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
Ok I'm a little drunk cause I have spent the entire day with my wife who won't shut up.
But here's an example of how a good kicker can keep us in the game during the 4th quarter next year. We are playing Clemson ( I just picked them cause they probably won't win more than 11 games). Now we scored a TD in the first half ( and made the extra point so we have 7 points going in the 4 th quarter.They are having a bad game offensively and only have 38 points. We get the ball at the start of the 4 th quarter drive down to the 30. Now last year we would have punted but now we bring in our new kicker and he makes a 47 yard FG and the score is only 38 to 10. And now we only have to recover 4 onside kicks score 4 TD'S and remember we have a good kicked so we make all 4 extra points and tie them up. And of course we lose in overtime but that ain't important cause we were in the game.
And Damn she is still talking so I need another beer.
You have me and my better half crying from laughter

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Dang.
F1F16EC3-1787-4198-A7D2-CC296C6FF540.png

Deleted member 4558

So for me this is a tipping point moment for Georgia Tech Football. Coach Collins has made GT such a desirable destination for enough talent thru both the transfer portal and recruiting that I now view the future in a very different light. A bright future.