Trae Golden to GT?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Chris Bolden tweeted to him and said "Welcome to GT"

Would be a huge get for us.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Though I won't say who, I know someone very close to Trae and about two weeks ago he told me Trae was "99% sure" that he would be coming to Tech.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
I was told he would have to sit out a year though. If true, that leaves us with 4 PGs on the roster next year: Golden, Heyward, Jorgensen and Poole.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Not sure how I feel about this one. He only has one year left to play right?

I'd hoped Poole or Jorg would be good enough to man the PG spot, but I guess adding experienced guard depth can't hurt. I just hope Golden doesn't impede their growth.

I also worried that the continued pursuit of PGs meant something to Heyward's recovery. Hope all is well though.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
All-SEC second team. 12.1 ppg. Good pickup.

Any word on his father? Article makes it sound like he's transferring cause he's ill.

collegeballfan

Helluva Engineer
Has he been accepted by the GT academic people?

If he is in for GT, he can play both the 1 & 2 spots with equal ability. 80% career free throw.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
He'll likely be a 2 guard for us I assume. Seems like he could fill the same roll glen rice Jr played in Gregory's first year (not team delinquent I hope) able to bring the ball up when needed but otherwise an effective wing.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
I hope this works out. Gregory is a good defensive coach, but his offense is some plodding stuff, hopefully this guy will speed up the action.