1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Trade with our allies

Discussion in 'The Swarm Lounge' started by ramblinwreckguru, Jun 9, 2018.

1. A Love Supreme

A Love Supreme Helluva Engineer

I don't know what you are trying to do but I never said he did not condemn them. He decided to explicitly say neo Nazi and white supremacists in his second statement after he was rightly criticized from both sides of the aisle after his initial statement.

2. A Love Supreme

I think it was because they wanted to pass their tax cuts.

3. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

I appreciate that you and the truth may not be fast friends; however, you are again lying. Here is what you said earlier (emphasis added):
    So, rather than lying about what you've said, rather than otherizing me as a right wing talkradio or Trump dittohead, why don't you just read what I write and respond to it.

Charlottesville was a tragedy on many levels which should not be ignored. Saying that is not a defense or excuse for the neoNutzo muderer and those like him.

4. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

And you draw this conclusion from what facts?

5. A Love Supreme

These statements are kind of better than your guy Trump's initial one. Glad to know that you as a right winger do not support neo Nazis. That's great!

6. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

I know you and Ae are taking turns being snarky.....but.....What percentage of conservatives do you believe do suppprt neo nazis?

7. A Love Supreme

They passed the tax cut bill in December that very few Republicans voted against. So the Charlottesville incident and response didn't hurt Trump politically.

8. A Love Supreme

I don't know. Do you know?

9. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

I’m still confused how taxes have anything to do with Republicans responses to Trump’s statement regarding Charlottesville.

Your replies led me to conclude you might believe it’s a significant percentage. I’d say it’s statistically zero.

10. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

I'm a Republican. The Democrat party is the party of slavery, KKK, Jim Crow, and race-based politics.

The fact that you failed to concede your lies speaks to your low character.

11. A Love Supreme

My point is that the criticism from many Republicans to Trump's statement about Charlottesville ultimately didn't matter politically. It didn't hurt Trump with Republican support.

12. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

That’s because what they were critical of him on isn’t what you are being critical of him on. I know that may be hard for some to wrap their heads around since it was all focused on the statement, but it’s true.

13. A Love Supreme

"The Democrat party is the party of slavery, KKK, Jim Crow, and race-based politics." That's a great line. I think I heard the same thing said one day listening to Herman Cain's radio show. Impressive.
    I gave you a compliment for strongly condemning neo Nazis and now you repay me by saying I have low character. That's sad.

14. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

Why the hate for Herman Cain?

His show was so much better than idiot Vonhessler or whatever his name is. Damn WSB.

15. A Love Supreme

No hate towards Herman Cain. I was just pointing out I heard that same line AE said: "The Democrat party is the party of slavery, KKK, Jim Crow, and race-based politics" from his show. I don't know why WSB took his show off air.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  16. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

The truth isn't "a great line."

With respect to my saying you have low character, I gave you an explicit premise. Admit that you lied.

You lied repeatedly by saying that Trump did not condemn the particular acts of violence by the white supremacist. He condemned the particular as included within the general as I repeatedly pointed out. You then lied about your lie. You lied when you said that Republicans agreed with your silly idea that the KKK etc were not examples of the egregious display of hatred, bigotry and violence which Trump condemned. Saying that the particular act should have been more explicitly condemned or saying that the focus on the first day should have been on one side rather than on both/many sides is a critique of his rhetoric. It's not a denial of the substance of what he said.

So, prove that you're not a person of low character. Admit that you've lied and wasted this forum's time with your lies.

17. MWBATL

MWBATL Helluva Engineer

Still waiting to hear you condemn ANTIFA and their related fascist groups....

18. LibertyTurns

LibertyTurns Helluva Engineer

That’s almost like asking the question, How many Liberals are closet racists? Their Great Society policies have done immense harm to minorities albeit in a very underhanded way. You could say they’re similar to neo Nazis except that their policies have actually been inflicted on the people they profess to support.

19. A Love Supreme

I thought Antifa by definition were anti-fascist? But whatever. I don't have a problem with protests or counter protests. But any people, neo-Nazis/white supremacists or Antifa being violent, that's not good for our country.

Whiskey_Clear likes this.
  20. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Banned

ANTIFA self identifies as anti fascist but they ironically behave very similar to historical fascists that have come before them.

Look in a crowd or mob....find the folks wearing masks....and you know where the cowardly trouble makers are. Used to be the cowardly Klan. Now it’s ANTIFA.

bwelbo likes this.