TOUGHEST OPPONENT RECORDS FOR 2018 - GT in top 3 of ACC

GTFLETCH

Banned
According to Phil Steele GT has the 9th hardest schedule in the nation and the 3rd in the ACC behind FSU (ranked 1, and Pitt ranked 7) It will be difficult for FSU, Pitt and Georgia Tech to improve much given how tough their 2018 schedules really are. On the other hand, look for good-looking record for ACC teams like Cuse, Wake Forest and UNC.

Good thing we get to play the games!

Link
https://philsteele.com/2018/03/21/toughest-opponent-records-for-2018/

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We are getting by killed by having our rival game with Clemson. We need to renew our long term rivalries with Wake or BC. Even Duke if Cutcliffe leaves. God I don't remember us playing Clemson, Florida State or Miami much
( Of course, I don't remember much. One of the joys of old age,)

Milwaukee

Banned
Agreed. Duke schedule is always a joke by design, but then they get Wake as their crossover to boot. Cutcliffe doesn't hide from it though, he said he wanted patsies on their schedule in order to get more wins thus building their program.

GTFLETCH

Banned
Agreed. Duke schedule is always a joke by design, but then they get Wake as their crossover to boot. Cutcliffe doesn't hide from it though, he said he wanted patsies on their schedule in order to get more wins thus building their program.
I enjoyed watching Army beat Duke last year! Hope we can beat them thus year.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
According to Phil Steele GT has the 9th hardest schedule in the nation and the 3rd in the ACC behind FSU (ranked 1, and Pitt ranked 7) It will be difficult for FSU, Pitt and Georgia Tech to improve much given how tough their 2018 schedules really are. On the other hand, look for good-looking record for ACC teams like Cuse, Wake Forest and UNC.

Link

Last year Phil Steele had us as the ninth hardest overall schedule and number one in the ACC. Hopefully the result will be better this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

We are getting by killed by having our rival game with Clemson. We need to renew our long term rivalries with Wake or BC. Even Duke if Cutcliffe leaves. God I don't remember us playing Clemson, Florida State or Miami much

Yup, just look at Virginia Tech, whom we compete with every year.

Our yearly crossover rival: Clemson
Virginia Tech's yearly crossover rival: Boston College

Our yearly rival game: georgia
Virginia Tech's yearly rival game: Virginia

LOL.

We played Clemson every year from 1963 to 1977 and every year from 1983 till the present, and a total of 103 times since 1898. We have played FSU 25 times since 1952, and Miami every year since 2000, and a total of 23 times since 1955.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
We played Clemson every year from 1963 to 1977 and every year from 1983 till the present, and a total of 103 times since 1898. We have played FSU 25 times since 1952, and Miami every year since 2000, and a total of 23 times since 1955.

Thanks for the info. I did not realize we played FSU that many times.

Thanks for the info. I did not realize we played FSU that many times.
I bet you also did not realize that back in the 50s and early 60s, one of the big majors at FSU was Circus, and everytime they played in Grant Field, they brought the circus to serve as their halftime show. It was pretty good too.
I was there in '62 when we tied them in a TERRIBLE game that occurred the week before the historic "revenge match" against Bama, which Tech won 7-6 in the most thrilling game I have ever witnessed and in the most intense atmosphere I have ever experienced at a game.

With the way Kirby and Dabo are recruiting we will have a top 15 scheduled every year for the forseeable future.
You are definitely right about Dabo, but, hell, Kirby has been there two years, sucked big time the first and went almost all the way the second year, with the help of one of the easiest schedules in the country. Let's see how year 3 plays out before crowing him king the way the mutts already have.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

Link
And we have knuckleheads on this board who want to make it even tougher by adding another SEC team to the schedule every year.

So what do FSU, GT, and Pitt have in common........they play an out of conference rival that is really good most years. Florida, Georgia, and Penn State. Funny how Clemson playing South Carolina is not rated the same. Second, this talk about needing to re-align the ACC due to strength is a joke. The Coastal top to bottom is better than the Atlantic. Yes Clemson is up there but FSU and Louisville are not. Wake, Syracuse, NcState, and BC are not as good as Duke, Miami, GT, Va Tech, and even UVA. Aslo for us this year they are looking as USF as a better team than they will be. They lost their starting Qb and starting RB that accounted for 85% of their offense last year.

You are definitely right about Dabo, but, hell, Kirby has been there two years, sucked big time the first and went almost all the way the second year, with the help of one of the easiest schedules in the country. Let's see how year 3 plays out before crowing him king the way the mutts already have.
As said before, last year UGA had 30 seniors. That makes a big difference.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer

LOL.
Not sure of the point except team strength, but one cannot simply declare a rivalry game. Rivalries are earned the old fashion way: blood, sweat and tears. And hard feelings. And ...

Milwaukee

Banned
Louisville is a much better program than UVA though imo. The whole damn conference is tough tbh, but damn we got our hands full with our schedule every year. UGA, Clemson, VT, Mia...thats murderous for a lot of teams.

We need to stop dropping the ball against the UVAs, Carolinas, and Dukes in order to have our really good seasons. Once we take care of them them we can start picking off that big 4.

Milwaukee

Banned

LOL.

In fairness to VT it seems like they schedule a monster game to open most seasons. Maybe they don't it just feels that way based on my memory. But yes, I'd trade and take their schedule over ours anyway.