Total news blackout . . .

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
. . . very strange following scrimmage on Friday. I have not seen this in the past. Leads me to think that something occurred that Coach wants to keep secret. I have not seen any reports in the AJC or any other media outlets or websites about the scrimmage. I see Kelly has one up but it sounds like he has little to offer regarding the scrimmage. I am not a subscriber so I really don't know. Anyone have any information at all?

Go Jackets!

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There was no media availability planned for that day, so nothing was reported. Per one of the premium boards, media coverage restarts this evening for game week.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Honestly, iirc, it’s not a competitive type scrimmage. It’s just scenarios. You’ll do stuff like the Miami 4th down play, what you do on a blocked punt that goes both in front or behind the LOS. Do Safety kickoff. With the new KO rule, when to Fair catch or not I guess you get my drift

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
[
There was no media availability planned for that day, so nothing was reported. Per one of the premium boards, media coverage restarts this evening for game week.

Rats.That's too pedestrian. I wanted to believe that Paul was installing a secret offense that we were saving for Clemson.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Oh, he might have put something new in.
In his years at Southern, he only had one closed practice (that I know of). Took the team to the stadium for a practice during the week of ...
the Georgia game.
You could sit at the light at Fair Road and Zetterower and see practice on any other day.
He also was doing the WTF scenarios during the last scrimmage of camp back then too. It was weird watching the QB intentionally throw interceptions. It would be a regular scrimmage and then he'd send in a Murphy's law play.