Total Defense Rankings

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Anyone have a link to the d stat that matters more. Ppd and efficiency? After last Game i am sure we should be top 50

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Love the game turned in by the D vs Pitt. Having said that, Pitt might make a bunch of Ds look good. But our D did what they needed to. Keep at it fellas!

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Let's hold off on the hype and let's look at it after we play Miami Clemson VT and Duke..
Why hold off now? After one game, there were several on this board practically claiming we had the worst defense in the history of college football. Since the D has played pretty well in the last two games, many of them are now saying it's too early in the season to say the defense has improved.

However, I agree with you that after those games, we will have a better feel for whether or not we have a decent defense. All I'm saying is recognize the defense for what they have done recently.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/22

GT currently at 14
I don't care if you feel it's misleading. I just want to be hyped

Well, its nice but I would not get to used to that sort of thing. It tends to be rather fleeting around here. I wish I could share the good feelings expressed by some on this board but you have to remember that Pitt is rather mediocre at best on offense anyway. They have a 230 lb running back that they insist on trying to run him outside like he is a latter day Jim Brown but he is painfully slow. Their quarterbacks don't scare anyone and their line is just not that good. Let's hope that the defense continues to improve and prove me wrong. If it does, and we show improvement in special teams then we will have a football team by the end of the year to be reckoned with.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
It's a welcome change for sure, but let's string a few together before we celebrate too much. That being said, Saturday was the best defensive performance I can recall since Johnson got here. Great job by the guys and I'm proud of them. Lots of work still to do though, and I think we are going to need them to step up at the end of a game when we are up less than a score at some point this year. I sure hope they rise to the challenge!

FightWinDrink

Helluva Engineer
Well, its nice but I would not get to used to that sort of thing. It tends to be rather fleeting around here. I wish I could share the good feelings expressed by some on this board but you have to remember that Pitt is rather mediocre at best on offense anyway. They have a 230 lb running back that they insist on trying to run him outside like he is a latter day Jim Brown but he is painfully slow. Their quarterbacks don't scare anyone and their line is just not that good. Let's hope that the defense continues to improve and prove me wrong. If it does, and we show improvement in special teams then we will have a football team by the end of the year to be reckoned with.
Yeah I know. I was just kind of going for a glass half full type of thing. I think the good news is we didn't make a trash offense look average like we have at times in the past