Top three GT games you have been to?

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
1964. Namath was in shotgun, because he couldn't drop back and Tech's rush never came close to touching him.
Those two quick TDs when Namath came in are burned deep into my memory forever along with my back and hernia operations. IIRC, Steve Sloan was subbing for Bama while Namath rode the pine with his knees wrapped. We were playing well and it looked like we were beating them...that is until the Bear decided to crush our hopes by using Broadway Joe for a few plays right before halftime. I'm trying to remember the name of the TD pass receiver for Bama...played in high school at Jesup, GA, I believe. And I think Sloan went on to play (sparingly) for the Falcons.

Old South Stands

Jolly Good Fellow
Don't have a very impressive list of live games attended... Most of the big Tech wins I've seen have been on TV, including the entire 1990 season when I took a year off from school and worked at Pero's on North Avenue (the crowd noise coming up the street that year was intense). Saw quite a few games at the Flats during the Pepper Rodgers era, none during the Curry era, most home games during the Bobby Ross - Bill Lewis span -- which included a lot of losses, none during the O'Leary - Chan Gailey span, and one game during the Paul Johnson years (Boston College, 2012).

1989 win over UGA at Grant Field
1976 win over UVa? (first time attending night game at Grant Field. Memory is foggy and initially thought this might have been the ND game, but that one was during the daytime and didn't see that one live. Remember having a great time up in the press booth and watching Eddie Lee Ivery run the ball).
1976 win over Tulane at Grant Field

Tech First

Jolly Good Fellow
Those two quick TDs when Namath came in are burned deep into my memory forever along with my back and hernia operations. IIRC, Steve Sloan was subbing for Bama while Namath rode the pine with his knees wrapped. We were playing well and it looked like we were beating them...that is until the Bear decided to crush our hopes by using Broadway Joe for a few plays right before halftime. I'm trying to remember the name of the TD pass receiver for Bama...played in high school at Jesup, GA, I believe. And I think Sloan went on to play (sparingly) for the Falcons.
Yes remember quite well. I believe our qb's were Priestly and someone else I can't remember. Just be fore half, (no score), we were driving and I told my friend looks like we go in at half ahead by three or seven . Don't remember exactly what happened fumble, int. or simple turn over. Namath came in and passed for td then onside kick and another td pass. Needless to say game over.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
How bout a great game that few saw? In 68 we were not a good team but had a good qb - larry good. Went on road to play Auburn in Birmingham . We were out classed and out manned on a dreary day in late oct or early November. The stands were pretty empty. On that day though our qb was awsome, hitting almost all of his passes- I remember two misses hit the receiver in the helment. Dispute qb perfection we were down 20 -14 as time ran down. We drove to score with time running out- tied! Then as if a sign from heaven the sun broke through the clouds and shown directly like a spotlight on the gt extra point team. A glorious sight as the ball split the uprights - jubilation as we won 21-20!!