Top three GT games you have been to?

GTgenome

Georgia Tech Fan
Wow! most of you haven't shed your down stingers yet.

# 1 abcd&e) 1990 #1UVA @ uva...... Bedrock win for the national championship, referenced by a few talking heads as the beast college football game they've ever seen. OH, didn't hurt that significant other is a UVA grad.

#1f) UGA @ uga 1984... The first win in the series in a thousand years! Meanwhile, we find out the defeated sad mongrels were not actually in school progressing toward a degree. They were in something called Remedial Studies. Who Knew? Thanks Jan!

#1g) Nebraska 1990 citrus bowl.... Almost seems like it doesn't belong, but it was a game for the national championship.

pckl300

Georgia Tech Fan
I would have to say:

2008 @ UGA
2009 Clemson @ BDS
2011 Clemson, because beating them is so much fun.

2013 UGA had a chance to be a hell of a game... I'm sure it was for them.

Russellm0704

Georgia Tech Fan
Im a youngin, only been going to games since 04.

1: 2009 VT. It was cold windy and miserable but wow was the crowd bumping.
2: 2011 Clemson
3: 2006 Irish. We lost but this was the best crowd I have ever seen. good game and would have won if it was not for the hail mary before half.

Another favorite was the 08 white-out beating of Miami.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member

#1f) UGA @ uga 1984... The first win in the series in a thousand years! Meanwhile, we find out the defeated sad mongrels were not actually in school progressing toward a degree. They were in something called Remedial Studies. Who Knew? Thanks Jan!

The 35 - 18 game!!! I remember the Technique edition that came out the next week 35 - 18 was everywhere in it. Loved the "spoof" of the USA Today weather page that had the temperatures in every major city in the US showing a high of 35 with the low temperature of 18... a classic!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
You guys are going to hate me after this post. You see, my presence at a GT football game is like kryptonite to superman. I attended TECH during some of the darkest years in GT football history (early 80's) when we barely won, EVER. Not long after school, I left the Atlanta area and rarely have had the chance to attend games. Every chance I have gotten, it seems, we lost. It has gotten to the point that it is way more than coincidence. Since the 1980's here is a list of the games I have been able to attend that I can remember: The UGA game in ATL when Donnie Davis was QB (lost on last minute FG), A game at UVA in the rain when Steagall was WR (lost), At MD in the B1!! L&#!$$ years (lost), At NAVY with Lil Joe at the helm (Won!!!!!!!!),The ACCCG in 2006 with Megatron (we scored 6 measley points against Weak Florist and lost), The CHickFilA bowl in 2008 (got crushed by LSU 38-3), and most recently the Music City against Ole Miss a couple months ago (Lost). I have watched some great victories on television, as a see every game without fail, but those don't count. So my list will pale in comparison to anybody else's.

The 3 best games I ATTENDED:
1. vs #1 Notre Dunce at Bobby Dodd with Whisenhunt at QB for the only time (Tie)
2. vs Clemson at Bobby Dodd, I think in '83, (win)
3. At Navy in 1999? (win)

pretty pathetic, huh?

Animal02

Banned
You guys are going to hate me after this post. You see, my presence at a GT football game is like kryptonite to superman. I attended TECH during some of the darkest years in GT football history (early 80's) when we barely won, EVER. Not long after school, I left the Atlanta area and rarely have had the chance to attend games. Every chance I have gotten, it seems, we lost. It has gotten to the point that it is way more than coincidence. Since the 1980's here is a list of the games I have been able to attend that I can remember: The UGA game in ATL when Donnie Davis was QB (lost on last minute FG), A game at UVA in the rain when Steagall was WR (lost), At MD in the B1!! L&#!$$ years (lost), At NAVY with Lil Joe at the helm (Won!!!!!!!!),The ACCCG in 2006 with Megatron (we scored 6 measley points against Weak Florist and lost), The CHickFilA bowl in 2008 (got crushed by LSU 38-3), and most recently the Music City against Ole Miss a couple months ago (Lost). I have watched some great victories on television, as a see every game without fail, but those don't count. So my list will pale in comparison to anybody else's.

1. vs #1 Notre Dunce at Bobby Dodd with Whisenhunt at QB for the only time (Tie)

pretty pathetic, huh?
I am still kicking myself for not going to that ND game. The group decided not to go at the last minute, we all thought it would be a blow out. Had it on the radio and kept waffling about going as the game progressed, but our faith in Tech football by that time was pretty low. By the 4th quarter, it was too much of a hike from the corner of Hemphill and Ferst

Mack

Helluva Engineer

pretty pathetic, huh?
Naw dude.....my wife is a fan of Tech and down here you dont see that much from women following tech football and when they play on TV and it gets tight she will leave the room....................feel your pain though in 62 listening to Tech vs Bama I had to take the radio outside and walk around I got so ansy ! Last few years though seems I have seen more bad games than good ones so time to get this era changed.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I was at that game when i was 4 or 5. Remember Dad and family screaming at Cha-lee for killing us. Ahh the .memories
That game was the death knell for Lewis in my opinion.........we had it in the bag and let it go.....We had many many returnees from NC team and we never looked good all year long........Ward could play no doubt.............

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Say what you will, Carson put together a good defense that year, especially that afternoon. Perdoni, Gebhart, and Bubba Hoats sealed the deal.
Yeah he was a good DC no doubt as evident by Super Bowl rings and that day tech just hunkered donw on the dogs and kicked their butts.Good licks thrown on both sides...........

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Let me apologize.........as usual got confused....saw the 17-7 game in Athens rather than Atlanta but it was still brutal........Sorry guys got excited I guess..happens to me quiet often now...............

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'd have to go:

1991 Citrus Bowl
1999 uga game
1989 uga game (my first real sports memory was everyone chanting "Peach Bowl" after the game)

Some more recent games were the upset of top 10 uva (forget the year but someone else posted it), the most recent game at home v. Auburn, a whole bunch of Clemson games, win over top 5 VT, the drubbing of Miami, and the recent FSU win.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
1976 ND
1990 Clemson - Neither team nor their fans had anything left at the end
2002 at NC State when they were undefeated and top 5/10 with 4th qtr comeback

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer

pretty pathetic, huh?

Every SINGLE game I have ever watched in a bar, my team has lost. Not just GT football.

mqpayne

Jolly Good Fellow
1956 Gator Bowl GT 21 Pittsburg 14 Dodd had them playing volleyball preparing for the game
1962 Ga Tech 7 Alabama 6 Namath stopped at the 1 yard line going for 2
1991 Citrus Bowl GT 45 Nebraska 21 O' Leary told me he wished he could have bottled how ready they were