Top three GT games you have been to?

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
1. 2011 Clemson
2. 2009 VT
3. 2008 FSU

I was also there at 2009 WF.
The list of bad games would probably be a little longer than three.

gtdrew

Banned
08 vs. u(sic)ga. Was in a heavy dwag sidewalk alum section. Never been that elated while still scared for my well-being in my life.
09 vs. FSU. Best day ever.
09 ACCCG. One of the great road trips of my life.

TrippingBillies

Georgia Tech Fan
1. 1998 Virginia
2. 2009 Virginia Tech
3. 1998 at Georgia

HMs:
2008 FSU
2003 Auburn
2006 Maryland
2007 Clemson

First post but been reading for awhile. Great board.

ramblinwreck24

Georgia Tech Fan
1. 98 UVA- My first live tech game and it was an awesome one. Lil Joe got hurt and we went down big. He comes back in the 4th quarter and we come roaring back for the win.

2. 08 FSU- Just electric, winning the way we did.

3. 09 ACCCG- Fun trip, fun game.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Clemson 2011 - my freshman year, was in the band and I could tell before the game even started we were going to win.
Wake 2009 - got tickets for my birthday, watched Nesbitt put the team on his back in gold unis
Sun Bowl 2012 - awesome having the entire city of El paso rooting for us!

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
OJF - I trust over the years you have been able to readjust your interests in life.

Of the games I personally attended, the 1961 Alabama game. Every win after that was secondary.

To a certain extent, yes. Getting married and having kids will do that to you but my passion for Tech football has never waned :D I did managed to find a great lady who, if doesn't quite understands my passion, is very tolerant of it!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
2008 - Ugag
2009 - VT
1998 - Ugag

Btw, my best friend was at the Ur-game of modern Tech football: Bama in 1961. He said the level of rage was beyond anything he had ever seen. The whole crowd was on their feet for the entire game. The Bama players had to wear their helmets to avoid being beaned by Coke bottle from the stands.

Good thing, say I. Laws, I hate those people with a vengeance.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I didn't make that incredible 7-6 victory against 'Bama in 1962, but I did make homecoming that year, 42-12 over Tulane. That was my 1st live Tech. game. My 3 favorites are:

1969 UG
1991 Citrus Bowl (1990 season)
1998 UVa

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
91 Citrus Bowl (also made it to my 1st VPI game that year..cold n windy)
2008 UGA...(this one honestly is my favorite all time game)
98 UGA...thank you George...kicking on 3rd was BRILLIANT. To Hell With Georgia!!!

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
I can't think of the best but the one that comes to my mind as the most fun i have had in a while was this past years UNC Game. We were there through out the whole rain and in the third quarter the bottom dropped out. I have never been so wet. I had to dump my shoes out twice because they were full of water! One of the most fun games i can remember going to in a long time!

Animal02

Banned
1981 @ Alabama - in Birmingham - Almost got arrested after the game for going on the field
1998 Virginia - My first game back at Tech after graduating.......down 21 late in the 3rd, Joe Hamilton leads the comeback for the win.
2007 @ND - Getting to watch Tech crush ND on their home field was sweet.

The Alabama game I was with about eight friends.....we got tickets through the AA.....for whatever reason, we were in the first row behind the Tech bench (almost all other Tech fans were in the endzone) We could not see a thing over the Tech players so we stood. The bama fans behind us complained to the police, who came over, checked our tickets as said since we were in our seats they could do knowing. Dean Dull happened to be nearby....he knew all of us (he was a big theater supporter) saw the police and decided to side at the end of our row to keep an eye on things. I was on the far end from him so all the booze we had brought got passed down to me to as"bartender" The rest of the game it was one for them, one for me and one for my GF........you can guess how that ended up. (Which is why we ended up completely wasted on the field after the game) The guy sitting right next to DD was completely sober.....and the one that drove us all home. The thing I remember most about the game was the silence in the stadium after Tech went ahead in the last minutes of the game.

mmbt0ne

Jolly Good Fellow
Best Games
2009: Georgia Tech vs. Clemson (ACCCG)
2003: Auburn @ Georgia Tech
2008: Florida State @ Georgia Tech