Top 25 for 2014

Animal02

Banned

Look at his 2013 top 25 list compared to where they finished.

1. Alabama (7)
2. Ohio State. (12)
3. Oregon (9)
4. Texas A&M (18)
5. Georgia (NR)
6. Clemson (8)
7. Notre Dame (20)
8. Stanford (11)
9. South Carolina (4)
10. Florida
(NR)
11. Louisville. (15)
12. Florida State. (1)
13. Boise State. (NR)
14. Oklahoma. (6)
15. TCU. (NR)
16. Vanderbilt. (24)
17. LSU. (14)
18. Northern Illinois. (NR)
19. Oregon State. (NR)
20. Kansas State. (NR)
21. Oklahoma State. (17)
22. Miami. (NR)
23. Georgia Tech. (NR)
24. Nebraska. (NR)
25. UCLA.
(16)

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
MY NEXT YEARS GUESSES

1. Florida State
2. Ohio State
3. Stanford
4. Michigan State
5. Texas
6. LSU
7. UCLA
8. Louisville
9. Clemson
10. Baylor
11. Oklahoma
12. South Carolina
13. Oklahoma State
14. Oregon
15. Auburn
16. Notre Dame
17. Miami
18. Wisconsin
19. Missouri
20. Georgia
21. USC
22. Washington State
23. Duke
24. Texas A&M
25. Oregon State

Others

Arizona State
East Carolina
Fresno State
KSU
Mississippi
Nebraska
North Carolina
TCU
UCF

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Anybody who would put out a top 25 before spring ball is either a) nuts (<cough> Bradley <cough>) or b) a troll disguised as a journalist (<cough> Bradley <cough>).

Others on this board may to do so since – let's be frank here – nobody will pay any attention to them. Feel free. With Bradley it's just troll bait. As usual.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
takethepoints: None of the above. Based mostly on returning personnel, coaches, lack of miracle plays, trends, 68 years of following College Football, confidence to be the first pick, and knowing that my picks will be just as good as the so-called experts.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Call me crazy, stupid, homer, whatever you want but im gonna go ahead and put it out there that we will be in the top 25 at the end of next season and win 10 games...getting some of the "bad" seeds, a possible homerun threat at B-back, more experience at reciever, possibly better secondary, and probably the fastest QB to ever wear the white and gold. Im sure I will get laughed at but I think next season will be a good one, time for some good breaks. THWG!

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I would love to see Derrick Steagall (in his prime) Broderick Snoddy and Justin Thomas have a foot race. Derrick was slotted as a possible QB for us at one point.
Stegall was a freakin burner. Cant leave out Snoddy, remember he outran JT pretty bad! But JT is quicker than any QB I have seen. WOuld love to see him turn into a Pat White type guy.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Stegall was a freakin burner. Cant leave out Snoddy, remember he outran JT pretty bad! But JT is quicker than any QB I have seen. WOuld love to see him turn into a Pat White type guy.
Lol. I originally put Snoddy in my post but then took him out. I was trying to think of another GT player that has been a QB or considered one at one point that was close to the speed of JT.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
takethepoints: None of the above. Based mostly on returning personnel, coaches, lack of miracle plays, trends, 68 years of following College Football, confidence to be the first pick, and knowing that my picks will be just as good as the so-called experts.
Well, I didn't mean that your picks weren't as good as or better (I'd pick the latter) then what we get from the FB pundits. They generally predict that the same programs will do well year after year based on the same criteria you use.

Personally, I prefer to wait until the spring games are over. For instance, my daughter-in-law is a monster Awbun fan and I watched their spring game with her. It was obvious that they would be much, much better then they were the year before, though I never would have predicted that they'd play for the MNC. But, hey, that's just me.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
takethepoints: That is alright, I am just guessing. I sort of dropped Auburn down a little because they played some tight games and they won on two miracles. The bounce of the football can change so fast, that the bounce may go the other way this year, and other teams now have the DVDs of this year's game against them, so the outcome could be a little different. However, it seems Malzahn might do well at Auburn in the future.

I really went out on a limb and selected Texas to be #5. I think they already have the material, but as a coach gets older, some of them do not think as quick on their feet during a game, and also lose a little of their enthusiasm. Charlie Strong seems to have the drive at this time, and might do good things with Mack's material, but it is only a stab-in-the-dark from my standpoint.

Also, Petrino and Louisville could fall on their faces, but I went out on a limb, because I think he will really try hard to succeed and get the monkey off his back. If he wins big at Louisville this year, he will be forgiven for a lot of his past, but he will be without the driving force (QB) for this past year.

I also placed Clemson a little too high, but I am gambling the QB out of Gainseville will become the quarterback of the team.