Top 20 All Time ACC QBs

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Just outside of the 30 year window: our own Shawn Jones.

Dude was one of the OG dual threat QBs. Luckily he played for an OC that schemed his ability to run into our offense. Shawn Jones and Ralph Friedgen were way ahead of their time. Shawn didn't put up the gaudy numbers today's QBs put up, but he still put up almost 9300 yards of total offense, and 70 total TDs. If he played in this era, he would have put up some crazy stats.

I'm mentioned this a few times, but Tony Dungy once talked about how Shawn Jones was a QB he thought never got a fair shot at QB (remember, the Vikings had him play DB) in the NFL. Jones played in an era where a QB's ability to run actually was a negative.

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
Just outside of the 30 year window: our own Shawn Jones.

Dude was one of the OG dual threat QBs. Luckily he played for an OC that schemed his ability to run into our offense. Shawn Jones and Ralph Friedgen were way ahead of their time. Shawn didn't put up the gaudy numbers today's QBs put up, but he still put up almost 9300 yards of total offense, and 70 total TDs. If he played in this era, he would have put up some crazy stats.

I'm mentioned this a few times, but Tony Dungy once talked about how Shawn Jones was a QB he thought never got a fair shot at QB (remember, the Vikings had him play DB) in the NFL. Jones played in an era where a QB's ability to run actually was a negative.
I did not see the 30 year window part... That is why some QB's were on the list. Shawn Jones would definitely be on a top 20 ACC QB list of all time

JacketFan137

Banned
have a hard time not putting lamar jackson #1. he was by far the most game breaking player to ever play the position in this conference. national championships help a lot but you can’t tell me he’s not winning one with clemson’s or fsu’s roster

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
have a hard time not putting lamar jackson #1. he was by far the most game breaking player to ever play the position in this conference. national championships help a lot but you can’t tell me he’s not winning one with clemson’s or fsu’s roster
About 20 to 25 years ago, the question being discussed was, "Who is the best QB in New York?" They finally found the correct answer which also answers your question. Charlie Ward, the PG for the NY Knicks who was also the Heisman winner from FSU in the early 90s.

JacketFan137

Banned
About 20 to 25 years ago, the question being discussed was, "Who is the best QB in New York?" They finally found the correct answer which also answers your question. Charlie Ward, the PG for the NY Knicks who was also the Heisman winner from FSU in the early 90s.
he’s always such an interesting case. i think he made the same decision i’d make though. 34 mil career earnings and didn’t have to risk his long term health

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I couldn't agree more. I don't think Kaaya even deserves to be on the list. Looks like the author just looked at the stats sheet and, with the exception of the late 90's QB's, didn't account for the prevalent schemes and play styles of the day.
The only time I saw Kaaya play against Tech I was not that impressed but then the same can be said for Taylor as well. The two guys that really took us apart when I was actually in attendance were Wilson and Matt Ryan. This is only based upon games I was watching which is naturally subjective. All of those quarterbacks had their moments good and bad which is pretty much the lot of college quarterbacks. Hero one week and a goat the next. IIWII

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
It lost my interest on the first page when it said “slideshow”
I don't know, seems better than scrolling down through 20 pages of text/photos. At least with their site, it isn't embedded with tons of ads. It's almost impossible to follow stories sometimes when there are so many ads splitting the articles up these days. I needed to print out an article the other day that was typical 5 paragraph 500-word newspaper article and it printed over 5 pages to get the article out and then 3 more with additional ads at the bottom.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
Kaaya, to me, is an example of stats with nothing to show for it. Trubisky had A terrific season. I think you have to do it more than once to be called a great QB vs a QB who had a great season. I'm going to double down on the comment made by @1979jacket that Justin Thomas should have at least been honorable mention. That's a major miss that he's totally absent.

Tennessee GT Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
My Top 10 ACC quarterbacks from the past(not necessarily in this order)

Sonny Jurgensen Duke 1954-1956
Norm Snead Wake Forest 1958-1960
Roman Gabriel NCSU 1959-1961
Joe Hamilton GT 1996-1999
Charlie Ward FSU 1989-1993
Deshawn Watson Clemson 2014-2016
Shawn Moore Virginia 1987-1990
Shawn Jones Georgia Tech 1989-1992
Boomer Esiason Maryland 1980-1983
Homer Jordan Clemson 1979-1982