Top 100 recruits.

With the next GT coach. How many top national 100 players will commit to GT by 2030?

• Total voters

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
2030? We might be talking 2, 3, or 4 coaches by 2030.

Kids in the 2030 class are 5 or 6 right now. Start signing those kindergartners up.

Well 2030 is only 12 years. Hopefully we have a coach last as long CPJ. 12 years isn't long at all. May take a new coach 3-5 years to build tech up to start. Then the 6th year maybe 1 five star. My gut tells me 0 force star players which is sad when the crap town down the road gets 3-5 a year.... we are ecstatic to get 3-4 four star guys.

This means we will need an offense that is extremely hard to defend against, a defense that won't give up more than 24 a game, and coaches that can squeeze every ounce of talent out of these kids... ugh future is bleak hahaha.

I just want a national championship by 2030.

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Well 2030 is only 12 years. Hopefully we have a coach last as long CPJ. 12 years isn't long at all. May take a new coach 3-5 years to build tech up to start. Then the 6th year maybe 1 five star. My gut tells me 0 force star players which is sad when the crap town down the road gets 3-5 a year.... we are ecstatic to get 3-4 four star guys.

This means we will need an offense that is extremely hard to defend against, a defense that won't give up more than 24 a game, and coaches that can squeeze every ounce of talent out of these kids... ugh future is bleak hahaha.

I just want a national championship by 2030.
Friend, 12 years is an extremely long time for a college football coach. CPJ is Tech’s longest tenured coach since Bobby Dodd. The average in between Dodd and Johnson was about 5 years per coach.

GT has had double-digit wins in 9 of 100+ seasons. A national championship by 2030 is extremely unlikely without a major overhaul in administrative efforts, but we can hope for the best.

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Can’t get worse than PJs effort in regards to recruiting.

I've been pretty non-confrontational about most of the CPJ-bashing in the wake of his retirement. Mostly, it's just a waste of my time to argue points that have been argued here ad naseum for years. Some are glad CPJ is gone, and I respect that. I also respect some criticism of recruiting under his regime.

However, it's simply not fair to claim CPJ somehow didn't try at recruiting, or failed consistently during his time here. We can do star analysis all day long, and look at class rankings if you want, but the fact is, the last few years more CPJ recruits were panning out and contributing than dropping off the face of the earth, flunking out, or leaving. We had our fair share since 2008, but especially in the last couple of classes, quality depth was building.

There's also something to be said for the type of kids CPJ was bringing in. Kids who could hack it academically. Diamonds in the rough like Juanyeh, TaQuon, Qua. Part of recruiting success is seeing how a kid can help your program and fitting him in where he'll make an impact.

Honest question: who do you think put more effort into recruiting over the last 5 years: CPJ or Nick Saban?

Animal02

Banned
I've been pretty non-confrontational about most of the CPJ-bashing in the wake of his retirement. Mostly, it's just a waste of my time to argue points that have been argued here ad naseum for years. Some are glad CPJ is gone, and I respect that. I also respect some criticism of recruiting under his regime.

However, it's simply not fair to claim CPJ somehow didn't try at recruiting, or failed consistently during his time here. We can do star analysis all day long, and look at class rankings if you want, but the fact is, the last few years more CPJ recruits were panning out and contributing than dropping off the face of the earth, flunking out, or leaving. We had our fair share since 2008, but especially in the last couple of classes, quality depth was building.

There's also something to be said for the type of kids CPJ was bringing in. Kids who could hack it academically. Diamonds in the rough like Juanyeh, TaQuon, Qua. Part of recruiting success is seeing how a kid can help your program and fitting him in where he'll make an impact.

Honest question: who do you think put more effort into recruiting over the last 5 years: CPJ or Nick Saban?
Not only effort into recruiting.....but putting effort into these kids. Many complain about his grumpiness etc.....but he kept his word regarding scholly offers. Yes he was strict, but I never got the feeling he treated these kids as pieces of meat like the schools in that other league.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Friend, 12 years is an extremely long time for a college football coach. CPJ is Tech’s longest tenured coach since Bobby Dodd. The average in between Dodd and Johnson was about 5 years per coach.

GT has had double-digit wins in 9 of 100+ seasons. A national championship by 2030 is extremely unlikely without a major overhaul in administrative efforts, but we can hope for the best.

Then that is what we must do. Otherwise why play?

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
In what sport?

In basketball, Banks and Devoe are 2 that came in this year.

However, according to this board, it can be deduced that basketball players are smarter than football players.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
In what sport?

In basketball, Banks and Devoe are 2 that came in this year.

However, according to this board, it can be deduced that basketball players are smarter than football players.

In football.

And banks transferred. I mean recruited and signed by gt out of high school.

How many 5 star players will pick us as their first choice school.

ball4life66

Helluva Engineer
No idea but here are all the top 100 players we landed from 2002 - 2007 according to rivals.

Rashaun Grant (2003 class)

Kenny Scott (2003 class)

Calvin Johnson (2004 class)

Morgan Burnett (2007 class)

Derrick Morgan (2007 class)

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer

Honestly I believe it’s Saban. And I really don’t think it’s close.

Boaty1

Helluva Engineer
No idea but here are all the top 100 players we landed from 2002 - 2007 according to rivals.

Rashaun Grant (2003 class)

Kenny Scott (2003 class)

Calvin Johnson (2004 class)

Morgan Burnett (2007 class)

Derrick Morgan (2007 class)

And if you went back further than that you bring in Daryl Smith and Hobie Holliday for sure and I’m sure there are others. People acting like we can’t attract top talent at all drives me crazy because they ignore history.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Not only effort into recruiting.....but putting effort into these kids. Many complain about his grumpiness etc.....but he kept his word regarding scholly offers. Yes he was strict, but I never got the feeling he treated these kids as pieces of meat like the schools in that other league.
Without a doubt he cared for the kids and the school and was a person of character but a lot less grumpiness could have been money in his pocket so to speak and he'd probably still be around today with a bit more outward pleasantness. He was in own worst enemy in that respect.