top 10 coaches i dislike

wesleyd21

Georgia Tech Fan
Frank Beamer. Because his sole purpose in life is to b*tch and moan (every year) to the ACC until he gets a bye week before he plays Georgia Tech.

He also gets a chop block call against us EVERY year.

He knows we're good. He doesn't like us. F that guy.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Petrino tops my list.

Not a fan of Saban. He's Nixonian in his paranoia. Can't wait for his own authorized biography. Wonder if he is going to tell the truth about the end of his time with the Dolphins when he said he wasn't going to Alabama. Plus, he whined a couple of years ago that preparing for the national championship cut into his time recruiting. Unbelievable.

James Franklin. I think this guy might be the shadiest character in college football.

Beamer. You know, I met him once. At George O'Leary's annual summer thing at Lake Oconee when GOL was coaching the Jackets. Nice enough guy. But yeah, I enjoy watching the Jackets beat the Hokies now more than ever.

Brian Kelly. I always laughed when he would rip Tommy Rees a new one after another Rees pick during his senior year, when Golson was ineligible. I kept thinking, dude, you're the one coaching him. So coach him up better. And for crying out loud, it's Tommy Rees. If you didn't know after four years what you'd be getting from him during a game, then you're a fool. I already hated him, then he killed a kid. Then he hired the next guy on my list ...

Brian. Van. Gorder. .... Doosh. Bag. Not just an overrated coach. Oh no, he's so much more than that. He's also a loathsome human being.

I don't dislike Malzahn or Butch Jones. I just think they're overrated. All of Jones' brick by brick crap might fall on his head if the Vols don't win nine games this year, as much as everybody is swinging on their jock.

Might need to put Art Briles on this list.

I don't dislike Rich Rod, but neither am I a fan.

I'm OK with Dan Mullen. He had a lot of nice things to say about PJ and the program before and after the Orange Bowl tail-cuttin'. Jimbo has too, and Al Golden has been complimentary as well.

4NatlChmps

Jolly Good Fellow
Frank Beamer. Because his sole purpose in life is to b*tch and moan (every year) to the ACC until he gets a bye week before he plays Georgia Tech.

Couldn't agree more. Hey Frank, GFY and your whining BS about "chop blocks" that never happen. After Vick(s) and DeAngelo thug Hall attended there, the NCAA investigators should have leased an apartment in bburg to get all the violations. How does this crazy old fk get away with it?

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

I loved the look on his face when HIS TEAM got a chop block called on them last game. That was priceless.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
@swampsting has a good list. Franklin should be on everyone's list especially for nega-crooting against us while at Vandy.

My dislike of Butch (really? Butch?) Jones stems more from unrealistic Vol fan expectations. They're aspiring to be UGA-NW. All the 5stars in the world, 7-8 win seasons.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Good comments about Saban being Nixon like in his desire for control. Good analogy. That aspect of him is a the core of my issues with him. Some of the guys on my list I don't hate but just dislike and Richt can't help it - he just coaches the wrong team. As far as Va Tech, I remember being at a Va Tech game in BDS and one of their fans turned to me and said "look at the big screen - that's Vick and DeAngelo Hall together at the game." My response was "boy that's two alumni to really be proud of" - couldn't resist given he brought it up and what those two were doing to the Falcons at the time.

Before the season starts - just have to put this list out soI can hope they lose

1 Jim Harbaugh - Michigan - please lose - this is not a guy I want to have a beer with
2. Fedora - I have never liked him or thought he was a good coach given his ability to lose to teams he shouldn't like Rutgers and East Carolina but my dislike was cemented when he got in a verbal disagreement with our fan base behind the bench last time UNC in ATL- what an idiot. He is all show no substance.
3. Nick Saban - over exposure problem and his I know everything attitude bugs me- Apparently was ready to go Texas where he belongs with other Texans who believe there stuff doesn't stink - just leave please
4. Mark Richt - nice guy but coaches wrong team
5. Gus Malzahn -recent crowing about SEC west when Auburn lost game after game to others like Georgia and Wisconsin in 2014 gets on my nerves - Like Auburn fans but sorry to say a good losing season for him would be good.
6. Bobby Petrino -what a scumbag - but who cares
7. Les Miles the luckiest bozo the clown ever -didn't care for him running up the score on us in 2008 - fake punts up 4 td's ---- really!!!!
8. Joe Paterno - although passed -I hate Penn State because of him. Let"s turn our head now and take no responsibility.
9. Jim Mora - he means well but his love of the old VT cornerback Hall? as Falcon coach was not cool.
10. Maryland's coach - just doesn't seem like a nice guy - thinks higher of himself than does anybody else

I like most coaches Fisher, Dabbo, Meyer and don't hate Beamer despite his cut block whining. After 8, I had trouble but the last two deserve some recognition.
Utterly wrong. Beamer is a dooooooosh. Here are my nominees. Golden, Cutcliffe, Beamer, Brian Kelly, Steve Spurrier, Art Briles, Urban Meyer, Jimbo Fisher, Mark Richt,

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
1. VanGorder
2. Buttcliff
3. Bill Lewis
4. Petrino
5. Beamer
6. Chizick
7. Brian Kelley
8. Butch Jones
9. Les Miles
10. Saban
10. Mora Jr.

This list was easier to put together than I thought. Lots of honorable mentions out there.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
1. Petrino (both) still only counts as one since between they barely have 1/2 a brain and zero morals
2. Harbaugh
3. Van Gorder
4. Beamer
5. Mora Jr
6. Cutcliffe
7. Richt
8. Sarkasian
9. Rich Rod
10. He whose name shall NEVER, EVER be mentioned in a true Tech fan's presence!!!!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
1. Petrino (both) still only counts as one since between they barely have 1/2 a brain and zero morals
2. Harbaugh
3. Van Gorder
4. Beamer
5. Mora Jr
6. Cutcliffe
7. Richt
8. Sarkasian
9. Rich Rod
10. He whose name shall NEVER, EVER be mentioned in a true Tech fan's presence!!!!

How in the world did I forget your #10?

Let's just agree that it's the annual 'you-know-who' list of coaches we hate.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Good comments about Saban being Nixon like in his desire for control. Good analogy. That aspect of him is a the core of my issues with him. Some of the guys on my list I don't hate but just dislike and Richt can't help it - he just coaches the wrong team. As far as Va Tech, I remember being at a Va Tech game in BDS and one of their fans turned to me and said "look at the big screen - that's Vick and DeAngelo Hall together at the game." My response was "boy that's two alumni to really be proud of" - couldn't resist given he brought it up and what those two were doing to the Falcons at the time.

Guy I used to work with knows Richt really well and told me his back story. It's crazy what he went through before he got to Georgia. If more Georgia fans knew his background, they'd give him a break. Some of Richt's stuff wears thin and a lot of it makes me swallow my own bile. But dude went through a lot before he got the Georgia gig.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Guy I used to work with knows Richt really well and told me his back story. It's crazy what he went through before he got to Georgia. If more Georgia fans knew his background, they'd give him a break. Some of Richt's stuff wears thin and a lot of it makes me swallow my own bile. But dude went through a lot before he got the Georgia gig.

As the OC at FSU?

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I suppose it's my age, but the lists of dislikable coaches in this thread seem pretty milquetoast to me. As I said earlier, some of the coaches in that past were thugs and sadists of the first water, the kind of people you would walk out on if you were in the same room. Frank Kush tops the list all-time, but we had one in this state - Wally Butts. Butts actually left a slime trail when he walked.

It was scum like this that made Bobby Dodd stand out. Dodd was a good person and a great coach. He treated his players justly, he was not a vicious martinet like Bear Bryant (who hated Dodd for it), and he was honest in his relationships with his players and other coaches. He's one of the main reasons I stayed a Tech fan down through the years.