top 10 coaches i dislike

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Before the season starts - just have to put this list out soI can hope they lose

1 Jim Harbaugh - Michigan - please lose - this is not a guy I want to have a beer with
2. Fedora - I have never liked him or thought he was a good coach given his ability to lose to teams he shouldn't like Rutgers and East Carolina but my dislike was cemented when he got in a verbal disagreement with our fan base behind the bench last time UNC in ATL- what an idiot. He is all show no substance.
3. Nick Saban - over exposure problem and his I know everything attitude bugs me- Apparently was ready to go Texas where he belongs with other Texans who believe there stuff doesn't stink - just leave please
4. Mark Richt - nice guy but coaches wrong team
5. Gus Malzahn -recent crowing about SEC west when Auburn lost game after game to others like Georgia and Wisconsin in 2014 gets on my nerves - Like Auburn fans but sorry to say a good losing season for him would be good.
6. Bobby Petrino -what a scumbag - but who cares
7. Les Miles the luckiest bozo the clown ever -didn't care for him running up the score on us in 2008 - fake punts up 4 td's ---- really!!!!
8. Joe Paterno - although passed -I hate Penn State because of him. Let"s turn our head now and take no responsibility.
9. Jim Mora - he means well but his love of the old VT cornerback Hall? as Falcon coach was not cool.
10. Maryland's coach - just doesn't seem like a nice guy - thinks higher of himself than does anybody else

I like most coaches Fisher, Dabbo, Meyer and don't hate Beamer despite his cut block whining. After 8, I had trouble but the last two deserve some recognition.

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Buttcliff - huh - He's like your old grandaddy that says crazy stuff but gets away with it because everyone assumes he doesn't really know what he is saying

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I confess I would have trouble coming up with 10 coaches I dislike that much. Cutcliffe and Beamer are two coaches that I turned on due to VERY unprofessional comments directed at our coach. I cannot understand anyone in the coaching profession attacking another coach for no reason. I can see giving it right back to another coach if they have been out of line but attacking out of the blue is pretty desperate.

ptjackets

Georgia Tech Fan
I don't like fisher, or Dabbo fisher will do or say what ever to win and keep his players on the field. Dabbo is to rah rah for me. He acts like one of the kids sometimes. Cutcliff is another guy to put on the list. Coach your team and leave our alone. I hope we beat the pants off them this year. CPJ if you get a chance run it up. I actually like mark rich. I'd he did not coach that other ga team I would like him better. I don't like Steve stud old ball coach either. He is so cocky thinks it's all about him.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
Kinda shocked no mention of Notre Dame coach. Pretty much killed a young man couple seasons ago making him film team in unsafe weather conditions.

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I probably don't know enough about a lot of these guys to work up sufficient loathing. Only two come to mind, Saban and Miles. I hate Saban mostly for his slimy recruiting tactics. What doubles my anger is apparently he is thought an outstanding citizen in some quarters. Myles I know little about but like the poster above, I found that fake punt late in a game already won was unforgivable. I do hope we get another shot at LSU some time soon.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I'd say Nick Saban, but the problem is that he is a creature of institutional norms. He pushes the envelope as much as possible, but that's because the SEC has evolved in a way that let's him. The main people I think we ought to have a list for is ADs. They're the ones who enable this stuff.

The big problem is that the real thugs – Frank Kush, Charley Pell, Bear Bryant, Wally Butts, ect. – have been largely chased out of college football. Modern players won't play for them and today's alums won't stomach them. A case in point: Dennis Erikson. He's won everywhere he's coached, largely by putting aside any pretense of his players being actual college students. He's no Frank Kush, but even his "let 'em in if they can play" style has made his seat hot everywhere. We poor mouth the NCAA a lot here for good reason, but they have had a large role in getting the scum out of college football coaching.