TONIGHT: Celebrate 1990 Win at No. 1 UVA via YouTube

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-to-celebrate-1990-football-thriller-at-no-1-uva/

LIVE LINKS
7 p.m. ET – ACC YouTube: Georgia Tech at No. 1 Virginia, Nov. 3, 1990
9:45 p.m. ET – Georgia Tech Athletics YouTube: Live After-Show, featuring Marco Coleman, Scott Sisson, Calvin Tiggle and Todd Stansbury

THE FLATS – Georgia Tech will celebrate its classic football triumph at No. 1 Virginia that propelled the Yellow Jackets to the 1990 national championship on Tuesday night.

The celebration of the 41-38 victory over the top-ranked Cavaliers begins with the Atlantic Coast Conference re-airing the CBS broadcast of the game beginning at 7 p.m. The re-air will be carried exclusively on the official YouTube channel of the ACC Digital Network (youtube.com/accdn). Click HERE for a direct link to the broadcast.

https://ramblinwreck.com/georgia-tech-to-celebrate-1990-football-thriller-at-no-1-uva/

LIVE LINKS
9:45 p.m. ET – Georgia Tech Athletics YouTube: Live After-Show, featuring Marco Coleman, Scott Sisson, Calvin Tiggle and Todd Stansbury

THE FLATS – Georgia Tech will celebrate its classic football triumph at No. 1 Virginia that propelled the Yellow Jackets to the 1990 national championship on Tuesday night.

The celebration of the 41-38 victory over the top-ranked Cavaliers begins with the Atlantic Coast Conference re-airing the CBS broadcast of the game beginning at 7 p.m. The re-air will be carried exclusively on the official YouTube channel of the ACC Digital Network (youtube.com/accdn). Click HERE for a direct link to the broadcast.
If anybody would like a copy of the DVD I made of that telecast with Al's and Kim's radio broadcast superimposed on it, I would be glad to share that with you.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer

LIVE LINKS

As I watch this, I’m struck by how much their receiver, Herman Moore, was cut in the mold of Calvin Johnson.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer

LIVE LINKS

That never gets old.

TampaBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
If we had lost that game, we would still be screaming about the denied interception (3 Virginia points as a result) and arguing about a touchdown that was called back.

I remember that day fondly. Was at a wedding in DC (the bride is a UVA grad) and the reception was going on during the game. All the bridesmaids were hiding out in a screened off bar watching the game (bride was not happy!) instead of at the reception. I would go stick my head in the bar every now and then and I swear, every time I stuck my head in GT scored. I left the reception early (game was still on) to go catch the train back to ATL. No idea what happened until the train stopped in Charlottesville and picked up a bunch of delirious GT fans. Was great to see the full game again!

DeepSnap

GT Athlete
We remember the kick, but not enough talk about the goal line stand at the end. How the hell did we hold them to three there?!
The ACC officials, as bad today as they were then, forgot who the ACC Front Office told them was supposed to win. And UVA did their own selves in with procedure calls.

Plus there was some bigtime LB play stuffing RB dives........ not so sure UVA's RBs didn't break the plane on a couple of those. With today's TV cameras all over the place, it might have ended differently. But so would have Willie Clay's INT & Merchant's TD that got called back.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Neighbor of mine was on that Uva team. We have discussed the game. Two players that stood out to him were Shawn Jones and Ken Swilling but there was tons of great talent on both of those squads. He speaks highly of his former coach (Welsch) and as a kid from the rural deep south, is appreciative of choosing a school with good football and academics instead of some of the more local schools that were recruiting him.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Neighbor of mine was on that Uva team. We have discussed the game. Two players that stood out to him were Shawn Jones and Ken Swilling but there was tons of great talent on both of those squads. He speaks highly of his former coach (Welsch) and as a kid from the rural deep south, is appreciative of choosing a school with good football and academics instead of some of the more local schools that were recruiting him.
Swilling was a step behind it seemed, due to injury. He got burned a few times but he really stuck his nose in there and laid the wood!

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We broke that UVA team. They were REALLY good and had NFL talent all over the field. We were just better!

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Watching that brought back a lot of fond memories. We had some great players on that team and could have played with anyone in the country. Also reminded me that terrible announcers aren’t a new phenomenon.