Tom Luginbill Q&A with the AJC

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
Tom Luginbill knows what good players and teams look like so it's nice to hear that he thinks we are going to be good and that Jerry Howard is a beast

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Tom Luginbill knows what good players and teams look like so it's nice to hear that he thinks we are going to be good and that Jerry Howard is a beast

do you even think he watched him play? I mean, this guy has been to tech once since he left in the mid 90s and that was as a sideline reporter only because he had too. I think he reads 3 articles and 1 message board in prep for his interview and says what the coach says and what he reads.

Not really a fan of him to be honest. so I am biased. There was nothing in the that interview CPJ didn't say.

CPJ talked about adonicas sanders
talked about howard
etc etc...nothing enlightening. Its a re-gurge of everything paul said, thats because he doesn't truly pay attention to teams not in the top 10 etc....its an ESPN corporate guy.

anyway....the media is really subpar nowadays. so eh

Last edited:

MountPGT1990

Banned
I don't like TL either. First time I have ever seen him talk about GT in a positive light. He's completely BSing about his breakout players, he's never laid eyes on Adonicas or Howard -he's just simply ripping off articles from AJC.

Sean311

Helluva Engineer
do you even think he watched him play? I mean, this guy has been to tech once since he left in the mid 90s and that was as a sideline reporter only because he had too. I think he reads 3 articles and 1 message board in prep for his interview and says what the coach says and what he reads.

Not really a fan of him to be honest. so I am biased. There was nothing in the that interview CPJ didn't say.

CPJ talked about adonicas sanders
talked about howard
etc etc...nothing enlightening. Its a re-gurge of everything paul said, thats because he doesn't truly pay attention to teams not in the top 10 etc....its an ESPN corporate guy.

anyway....the media is really subpar nowadays. so eh

I mean do you know for a fact that he hasn't seen the team?....probably not.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I mean do you know for a fact that he hasn't seen the team?....probably not.

For a fact. Like, 100%. Nope. 99.9% yup. The .1 % would be if the person I asked didn't see him visit by rare chance in the AA; which would be hard as luginbill has to walk through this office area

Do you happen to know for a fact he did visit? I guess he could have if he has the monday night game. But I was told nothing so far. And game prep happens that thursday before the game.

As longestday said at least its a positive piece the rehashes stuff everyone who follows the program already knows etc.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The "history" between Mr. Luginbill and Georgia Tech is...interesting and not one of the better moments for either party. Let's just leave it at that.

Some still hold a grudge against TL and can't separate it from the coach who won't be named. TL was given a scholarship to play major football from a Jr College...anyone would have taken it. A certain coach decided to start him over Donnie Davis...it wasn't as if TL forced himself out there. You're named the starter, and you play. There are quite a few guys every year our fans think should be sitting for other players, but we don't hate them do we?

TL has always said nice things about GT, and always jokes about how out of depth he was here at GT as a student. He even hinted that the terrible year at GT wasn't due to talent, hinting that it was the coach's fault. This is why I say GT can't have nice things. Even when someone says or does something nice for us, we gotta pick it apart and turn it negative.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Some still hold a grudge against TL and can't separate it from the coach who won't be named. TL was given a scholarship to play major football from a Jr College...anyone would have taken it. A certain coach decided to start him over Donnie Davis...it wasn't as if TL forced himself out there. You're named the starter, and you play. There are quite a few guys every year our fans think should be sitting for other players, but we don't hate them do we?

TL has always said nice things about GT, and always jokes about how out of depth he was here at GT as a student. He even hinted that the terrible year at GT wasn't due to talent, hinting that it was the coach's fault. This is why I say GT can't have nice things. Even when someone says or does something nice for us, we gotta pick it apart and turn it negative.
You had me till the part in bold.