Toddcast - March 2020 Edition

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Wish the discussion would have addressed the Appeal and whether our AD considers the punishment as having been served.

I think most of us know to wash our damn hands by now.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
It's been addressed by plenty of people. We missed a tournament game we would've been eligible for. We've met the requirements of a postseason ban.

I think you are right, but it's GT and the NCAA knows they have a whipping boy in us that they can use to justify themselves, they have proven that too many times going all the way back to the fifties. I don't trust them one damn bit when it comes to us. They have different rules depending on who you are in their political world.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Hasn’t Stansbury said that he considers the punishment fulfilled? I thought he did.

Yes. Repeatedly and has said that our lawyers are working with the NCAA to formalize the “check the box” end of this. We are also still appealing components of the punishment so we likely won’t speak much about it till that wraps up.

The ban was served. Full stop. If they try to claim it wasn’t we will flex back with lawyers this time. Count on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes. Repeatedly and has said that our lawyers are working with the NCAA to formalize the “check the box” end of this. We are also still appealing components of the punishment so we likely won’t speak much about it till that wraps up.

The ban was served. Full stop. If they try to claim it wasn’t we will flex back with lawyers this time. Count on that.

Oh I get it. I consider the ban served as well. But for some reason people STILL keep asking about it.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Oh I get it. I consider the ban served as well. But for some reason people STILL keep asking about it.

Yeah. At the end of the day we notified the ACC we were withdrawn from post season play. As soon as they changed the seeding we did what we had to for the conditions to be met. That all happened prior to the cancellation so no way we get double dinged.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Great.

I just have not heard or seen him address it specifically.

This is as specific as you can get:

“Yes, most definitely,” Stansbury said in response to a question about if his understanding was that Tech had served the ban. “There is some type of formality, a box that needs to be checked, and so right now our attorneys are in the process of getting that done with the NCAA. But I definitely feel like we’ve fulfilled our obligation based on us not playing in the ACC tournament this year.”

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/...served-postseason-ban/CYoCm38X0k3FahuiJUKyeL/