Toddcast - December 2019

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
The final 2019 edition of the "Toddcast" also includes insight from the A.D. on:

https://art19.com/shows/gtathletics/episodes/b8a5af07-c339-414d-bea0-4e50fcbd6387

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Part of Stansbury impresses me and sometimes not so much. I've been impressed how well he has been able to get people to donate, but unimpressed with drawing fans to the Tech campus. The new culture idea might work attracting students and new fans, but don't run off rest of the family.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
What is this Basketball you speak of ????...... Oh scratch that, I just googled college basketball... we should probably field a team in that sport. Just saying...

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Once upon a time, Paul Johnson coached basketball. We'd probably recruit a bunch of smaller, fast players. I figure we wouldn't pass the ball much either, just dribble a lot and burn some clock. OK, I'd take Johnson over Pastner.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
Once upon a time, Paul Johnson coached basketball. We'd probably recruit a bunch of smaller, fast players. I figure we wouldn't pass the ball much either, just dribble a lot and burn some clock. OK, I'd take Johnson over Pastner.

Overall, Pastner has been a major disappointment. Maybe he can teach current events for a year while we find someone who can actually coach?

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
Always interested in hearing his Canadian accent.

The comments about game day atmosphere, he said "threading the Needle". He realizes Tech needs to attract sidewalk fans. Keep the old farts. And appeal to teanagers.

And that all sports are affected by what happens on football Saturdays. Not sure what he believes will be good for Tech. But wants to be "midtown cool".

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
Always interested in hearing his Canadian accent.

The comments about game day atmosphere, he said "threading the Needle". He realizes Tech needs to attract sidewalk fans. Keep the old farts. And appeal to teanagers.

And that all sports are affected by what happens on football Saturdays. Not sure what he believes will be good for Tech. But wants to be "midtown cool".

The comments about gameday music are hilarious to me. The most cutting-edge thing we've got going is classic rock karaoke from 40 years ago. Nothing gets the kids riled up like Joan Jett and Journey.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The comments about gameday music are hilarious to me. The most cutting-edge thing we've got going is classic rock karaoke from 40 years ago. Nothing gets the kids riled up like Joan Jett and Journey.
We’re in Atlanta. You can go to any club in the city and find a dj to mix on game day but we have some nerdy frat **** hooking the aux cord to his iPhone and playing some YouTube play list then abruptly taking it out when the play has already started.
We can do that!......

ramblinjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We’re in Atlanta. You can go to any club in the city and find a dj to mix on game day but we have some nerdy frat **** hooking the aux cord to his iPhone and playing some YouTube play list then abruptly taking it out when the play has already started.
We can do that!......
There is a paid DJ at the games. Pretty sure it’s CGC chosen DJ. Can’t remember his name.