1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Tobias Oliver: The Passer

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Techster, Oct 13, 2018.

1. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

In terms of running the ball, I think we can all see he's a talented runner. He may not know our offense as well as TQM, but when the ball is in his hands, he's tends to make good positive gains

I want to talk about Tobias the passer. He's not polished, and his throws are sometimes off the mark where the receiver has to adjust, but I think he understands where the ball needs to go. Several of his passes (to Lynch and Malachi Carter), had they been a foot higher or lower, would have been good passes. Overall, I think Tobias should get more snaps. Rotate him and TQM like we did with Vad and Tevin in 2012.

There's just something about Oliver when he has the ball in his hands.

2. SteamWhistle

SteamWhistle Helluva Engineer

James Graham and Lucas have better High School film passing the ball. Who knows what Tobias could do with a full camp as starter. Sometimes I think Tobias is literally a Matthew Jordan/Tim Byerly. Good runners bust no explosive enough or good enough ladders to Start. Who knows he could prove me wrong.

3. Dottie1145

Dottie1145 Helluva Engineer

Am I wrong in thinking that Graham looked mighty explosive on his one carry?

4. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

What is the point of rotating QBs? The Senior QB isn't getting it done. Why play him? Because he gives us the best chance at winning? Not against teams that actually have a pulse.

5. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete Featured Member

Wow, we found common ground on something. GT is fascinated with dual QBs for some reason. At this point, Oliver deserves the opportunity to start

gtpi, Yoda, furant and 13 others like this.
  6. Milwaukee

Milwaukee Helluva Engineer

If it's me I start Oliver here on out with a very short leash in regards to passing accuracy. If he can't make the simple throws and starts air mailing and ducking everything then just let Graham play it out to prep for the future. And if he can't make simple football throws then you need to step down, coach. Sorry.

7. GTRhino24

GTRhino24 GT Athlete

There is literally nothing to lose by giving TO a start at this point.

8. SteamWhistle

SteamWhistle Helluva Engineer

I wanna see Graham get a full series, but I guess we saw today why Paul has been saving him when Oliver’s helmet came off he had to play.

dubjacket and THWG like this.
  9. Dottie1145

Dottie1145 Helluva Engineer

The last throw was not good though, give your guy a chance, or a shot at drawing a flag.

10. 4shotB

4shotB Helluva Engineer

Whatever you see in the kid today is what he's going to look like when he's a senior imo. For whatever reason, we cannot or do not develop our QB's. The go out about the same as they come in unfortunately. We also desperately need someone at receiver who has the kind of speed to make the safeties not want creep up.

11. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Helluva Engineer

Tobias looked good throwing the ball. A bit unpolished but better than I was expecting. Just from what I've kind of gathered from parents it seems like the team kind of feels the same about TQ as we do. I think it's time to pull the plug and play Tobias.

12. gtg936g

gtg936g Helluva Engineer

I agree as well FWIW.

And for gods sake don’t start Mitchell either.

13. jgtengineer

jgtengineer Helluva Engineer

We should use this buy week to move Marshall back to a back and move oliver to start. Marshall can come in for limited work if to comes out but graham should be taking thr 2nd team snaps

Dottie1145 and jeffgt14 like this.
  14. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

As opposed to Marshall?

15. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 Helluva Engineer

Also teach Jerry to block and start him as well.

16. GT_EE78

GT_EE78 Helluva Engineer

well, they're both pretty good running backs.

17. RamblinCharger

RamblinCharger Helluva Engineer

Tobias should have been getting playing time for a while now. If he starts the game today we win. If he starts the Pitt game we win that one too. We’d be a 5-2 team with a defense that is improving and we’d have a shot at a really good season. Paul is frustratingly loyal. I’m sure he doesn’t know as much of the playbook or whatever, who cares? He breaks tackles, pitches the ball, and gets down hill. This was another loss that shouldn’t have happened today.

18. RamblinWreck92

RamblinWreck92 Banned

Which was just stupid. Why not just call a TO or snap it to Mason or something? Why burn a game of JG for him to take a single snap???

So incredibly stupid.

19. jgtengineer

jgtengineer Helluva Engineer

Remember the 4 game rule doesnt necessarily have to be this year. Given our luck with qbs we might want that shirt

20. RamblinWreck92

RamblinWreck92 Banned

Fair but since he's in there, why not let him run a few plays? Why not let him throw it and maybe spark the O or something?

DenverJacket56 and bwelbo like this.