Tobias Oliver: The Passer

Techster

Helluva Engineer
In terms of running the ball, I think we can all see he's a talented runner. He may not know our offense as well as TQM, but when the ball is in his hands, he's tends to make good positive gains

I want to talk about Tobias the passer. He's not polished, and his throws are sometimes off the mark where the receiver has to adjust, but I think he understands where the ball needs to go. Several of his passes (to Lynch and Malachi Carter), had they been a foot higher or lower, would have been good passes. Overall, I think Tobias should get more snaps. Rotate him and TQM like we did with Vad and Tevin in 2012.

There's just something about Oliver when he has the ball in his hands.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
James Graham and Lucas have better High School film passing the ball. Who knows what Tobias could do with a full camp as starter. Sometimes I think Tobias is literally a Matthew Jordan/Tim Byerly. Good runners bust no explosive enough or good enough ladders to Start. Who knows he could prove me wrong.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
All I know, TO provides a spark and his passes today were decent and Carter should’ve with up with 2 hands pass in the middle instead trying to be OBJ
The last throw was not good though, give your guy a chance, or a shot at drawing a flag.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I want to talk about Tobias the passer. He's not polished, and his throws are sometimes off the mark where the receiver has to adjust, but I think he understands where the ball needs to go. Several of his passes (to Lynch and Malachi Carter), had they been a foot higher or lower, would have been good passes. Overall, I think Tobias should get more snaps. Rotate him and TQM like we did with Vad and Tevin in 2012.

There's just something about Oliver when he has the ball in his hands.

Whatever you see in the kid today is what he's going to look like when he's a senior imo. For whatever reason, we cannot or do not develop our QB's. The go out about the same as they come in unfortunately. We also desperately need someone at receiver who has the kind of speed to make the safeties not want creep up.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Tobias should have been getting playing time for a while now. If he starts the game today we win. If he starts the Pitt game we win that one too. We’d be a 5-2 team with a defense that is improving and we’d have a shot at a really good season. Paul is frustratingly loyal. I’m sure he doesn’t know as much of the playbook or whatever, who cares? He breaks tackles, pitches the ball, and gets down hill. This was another loss that shouldn’t have happened today.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Which was just stupid. Why not just call a TO or snap it to Mason or something? Why burn a game of JG for him to take a single snap???

So incredibly stupid.

Remember the 4 game rule doesnt necessarily have to be this year. Given our luck with qbs we might want that shirt