To the players that read this board

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am a fan of yours, period.

I am no expert and CPJ/CTR knows way more than I ever could dream of knowing and he sees your potential and your the starter. I am nothing ... but a fan.

I will discuss the good and the bad of all players. Some might get mad. The best take thier work, all parts, good and bad, and use it to get better. What ever you do... don't take advice from me on how to play football.

I hope you get mean on the field in 2014, make millions in the NFL, and get a GT Degree that will last the rest of your life.

My work has been scrutinized too. It has been made public. I have missed promotions because of past performances. I used it to fuel me to get where I wanted to go. I used it to make me better.

Your fan, willing to speak the truth as I see it, admiting I know little, but love to talk about all parts of the team I love.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Do current players even read this board? My guess is they are instructed to stay off the fan boards or to take them with a huge grain of salt.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
And for the recruits, the opportunity to make millions outside of the NFL is great for GT Alum.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
If they don't we have a problem. We don't watch film 60 hours a week. Maybe Eric does...

lol, maybe recruit film but not game tape. I have been watching a fair amount of our games last year on DVR lately...unfortunately I got mad and deleted every game we lost...So I am stuck with Duke, UNC, Syracuse and UVA.

I have watched the Spring game a ton of times.

Hopefully our friend @Boomergump gives us a breakdown again after each game this year

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
1. I know a fair amount who do.

2. They should.

1. well then, I am thankful we have players who can read.

2. if your #1 is true, this exercise should prepare them well for life in the corporate world where it is common to have performance reviews given by people who don't know you, are miles from where you perform your job, don't have any idea what you do, have never done what you have done, but make make more $ than you do. GT is such a great training ground for "real life" in so many ways.;)

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I have been giving this considerable thought. First I admit to being critical of players play on the field and yet cheerleading in another medium. I was called on this and have been trying to process the acceptability or the hypocrisy or even bridging my own thoughts on myself as a fan.

I come here to discuss the good, bad, and the ugly of the team I pay to see and love because of my degree. At the same time, I don't want to cause undo stress to a 20 year old due to my unprofessional (non coach or professional player) comments. I don't want to discourage or demean one of our players for all the hard work and effort, the days of training, the hot practices, the work in the class room. I root for the walk on who never plays, the guy who may excel at one aspect and struggle at another, as well as, the beasts who own the field.

So how do I talk about the game without talking about the players? I cannot figure out how to obsess without discussing everything. Should I not show spring game footage were someone has to be in a bad light for someone to be in a good light? Should I not show a fumble, a key missed block, or a bad effort?

I do not think I am hypocritical in cheering for a player and yet talking about that player in all his glory and his faults. Example(not the one that started this thread): I have a favorite player, he is one of my favorites for many reasons on and off the field. He is selfless on the field, he takes people to the ground like a sledge hammer so that others get the yardage and the glory, he is one tough SOB! I would like to have his autograph, I have his jersey number, and I would love my kids to have a picture with him on my wall. He has good character from what I have seen in all mediums of communication and seems like an outstanding individual. Get my point? Yet can I say he does not use his strength in running by leaving his feet and running with his center of gravity too far forward? Would that make him spit on me as a fan? Would he tell me to not cheer for him or encourage him after reading that on this board? That would be his right as I have the same right to say what I say.

Players are not forced to come here and I choose to talk about this team in all aspects. I'll do my best not the demean a player, but yet give my honest opinion which is worth about as much as the paper it is written on. They will get my cheers, never a boo, and an honest after report based on watching video about a million times in slow motion as I am stuck in other countries waiting for my plane. If they don't want my cheers, too bad. Suck it up and move on. I'll do the same.

Last edited:

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
lol, maybe recruit film but not game tape. I have been watching a fair amount of our games last year on DVR lately...unfortunately I got mad and deleted every game we lost...So I am stuck with Duke, UNC, Syracuse and UVA.

I have watched the Spring game a ton of times.

Hopefully our friend @Boomergump gives us a breakdown again after each game this year
With you watching the spring game alot, do you feel that overall we're in a better position than we were last spring?

sideways fan

Georgia Tech Fan
Not at all.
Well thank goodness for that. They should realize that even though the Institute tries to protect them I am sure, nonetheless, they are semi public figures for better or worse. Meaning, discretion is usually in their best interests. Now for fans.... let it rip. No fool, like an old fool!