Tip Off Tomorrow Miami of Ohio

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
So badly wanted an easy win tonight get my mind off football. Too bad looking like we need to be waiting for baseball and women's volleyball the kick more a$$.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
very disappointing way to end that game. Bad early losses is exactly what put us in a tight spot last year sweating to make the NCAAT until we won the acc tourney. Even after that we got screwed in our seed bc of those losses.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m sorry, but they can’t keep letting Moore shoot from the outside. It’s a turnover basically.
There’s a reason he’s wide open every time. I appreciate his energy and effort, but he can’t shoot. They aren’t even close to going in.

GTbball2016

Helluva Engineer
very disappointing way to end that game. Bad early losses is exactly what put us in a tight spot last year sweating to make the NCAAT until we won the acc tourney. Even after that we got screwed in our seed bc of those losses.
I wouldn’t worry about the tournament. Hopefully we see development from Smith and Coleman to support the future.

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
Beginning of a long season. A year ago we were all convinced Pastner was not the guy after losses to State and Mercer following a disappointing first four seasons. The finally put it together in year five. Really open that last season was not the anomaly.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Well it’s good to see not much has changed. Same pathetic excuse for a loss in November. Same lethargic energy from the team early season. Same results….opposing players rushing mid court. If I was an opposing head coach, my pregame speech wouldn’t be how great it would be to beat an ACC basketball program, it would be that we are a mid-major, it’s November, it’s GT. Anything except a victory is unacceptable. It should be a given at this point that we should expect to lose these games. Plain and simple, year after year these games aren’t taken seriously and we look like crap every single time. So let’s go ahead and lose on Friday just to keep things normal.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
1636512346000.png

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Pastner also screwed around with the lineup too much in the first half. I guess he’s trying to figure it out, but we had something going there for a bit that he should have kept with to try and build a lead. Instead we let ‘em back in before the break.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Devoe played great overall but needs to be more assertive at times.
Howard also played great. Double double. Still room for improvement but good showing from him.
Saw flashes from both Deebo and Smith to be excited for but overall they got taken advantage of by their (Miami's) experience.
We need Usher and Moore to be better on the offensive end. They make 3 of their 9 threes and we're fine. Can't have an 0fer though.
Smith in general will be a great defender for us, but his speed was a bit of a liability at times. I expect that to get better with experience though. Was also a tough draw for him tonight.

One thing I really hope is the miserable sacks stay on teh football board and don't infest this one. Of course probably won't happen. Look forward to them disappearing when we start to put things together again.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Programs that win the ACCT and are trending up do NOT lose this game. Anyone who is accepting of this loss or has a “move on to next one” view is welcoming mediocrity. Worse than last season’s start IMO since Ush, DeVoe and Coach talked all preseason about starting fast early. Not gonna be like last year’s first games. If it was preached, then the preachers aren’t effective.
A long way to go, sure, and they will def improve, but leaders don’t let this happen.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I liked the second half lineup of Smith, Coleman, Devoe, Usher, and Howard. Went on a nice run with that squad. Foul trouble and turnovers caught up with us.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Btw, our student section is a ****ing joke. Reigning ACC champs and we get some lackluster sad students that can’t make noise during the season opener? I mean get out of here.