Time to break in a new uniform thread - 2022 edition

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’m gonna say BlackWatch for Thursday nite uva game. Too many pics of the unis this summer and they’re selling the jersey already. It will be used at some point.

JacketFan137

Banned
I guess I'm old-fashioned.
Who gives a crap about uniforms?
I give a crap about performance and winning!!!
i don’t care what we wear based on our current jerseys cause they all look great but if we leaned into the yellow jacket monicker and wore this garbage i bet a lot of people would care. just think of how bad the jersey COULD be haha

Attachments

• AEF2923E-42EB-48F5-9738-69572EA89391.jpeg
    AEF2923E-42EB-48F5-9738-69572EA89391.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 1

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
i don’t care what we wear based on our current jerseys cause they all look great but if we leaned into the yellow jacket monicker and wore this garbage i bet a lot of people would care. just think of how bad the jersey COULD be haha
Rugby with a football helmet.

rhino gold

Georgia Tech Fan
I guess that's a Steeler "throwback" uniform. Maybe the hill crowd will have us in our uniforms from the Cumberland game as our "throwback"?

DaDodd

Jolly Good Fellow
We go through this on this board like 5 times a year. But if you insist:
Oklahoma State

Florida

Ole Miss

Baylor

Cincinnati

Utah

Kentucky

Michigan State
https://twitter.com/msu_football/status/1463915797189910540?s=21&t=bEF5glQ4qTk185usl0tvzg

Oh look. Here’s ALABAMA doing a jersey reveal/hype photo shoot before the CFP semifinal game!!!!
https://twitter.com/alabamaftbl/status/1472315068943675393?s=21&t=veOM9afav7rl32jclCPJng

Is that enough evidence for you? It’s okay to move forward in time. Uniforms are not a distraction for any of these teams. Do you think if Utah stopped doing weekly uniform reveals they’d be on Alabama’s level? No. They wouldn’t. Uniforms should literally just be whatever the fans and players want. Most players want different combos, and a lot of GT fans want us to wear white and gold. I listed 8 combos that fit that metric. There’s no need to be concerned about wearing different uniforms or about wearing G/W/G every single game.

Thank for that evidence. I knew there was some teams especially with the once you listed. The Baylor one I'm good with. It's basic and gets the point across. Kind of like what Tech did in 2018. I think the difference for me is that it is kind of cringe now to see Tech do these reveals then go out and play terrible and get embarrassed in whatever they wear. It's like putting lipstick on a pig. I get the "well if we are going to lose we might as well look good doing it". I've even said that before. I want us to win more than anything. So until then I say halt them.

You said that players want different combos and I agree that that may be true. But that's also concerns me. I would hope that they would want to win more than anything. Look at Bama. Their uniforms are butt ugly but the players don't care about that. They just want to win. Are we recruiting fashion models or football players? I'd like to think we are recruiting football players who like fashion like any 18-24 year old does. But it's the coaches job to emphasize and focus them on the football playing and not the fashion. Fashion should be a reward for playing well. The problem is player have to much power now and loyalty can be frail. With the transfer portal and NIL, teams are having the constantly appease the players which makes it hard for coaches to personally develop them into young men.

You also said the a lot of GT fans want them to wear white and gold and I 100% agree. They should just do that and let the players focus on the game. A also agree with your last sentence. "There’s no need to be concerned about wearing different uniforms or about wearing G/W/G every single game." I think you telling me to not be concerned but I think it should be directed to the team as well. The team should not be concerned about wearing difference uniforms. Having a uniform schedule fixes that concern. Once it's set it's set and off the mind.