Time to break in a new uniform thread - 2022 edition

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Just curious, why would anyone use a filter to make a black uniform look blue? Doesn’t make sense to me. Or are you saying this was amateur hour for the photographer?
I don’t think they’re “trying to make it look blue.” It’s just the lighting they used was a really harsh yellow to accentuate the gold. You can see the yellow reflections on the white numbers. There are a lot of people reading way too much in to this when it’s simply the Blackwatch jersey. A lot of the recruiting photos this spring have had guys wearing them. I bet Derrik just wanted a photo shoot in them.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think they’re “trying to make it look blue.” It’s just the lighting they used was a really harsh yellow to accentuate the gold. You can see the yellow reflections on the white numbers. There are a lot of people reading way too much in to this when it’s simply the Blackwatch jersey. A lot of the recruiting photos this spring have had guys wearing them. I bet Derrik just wanted a photo shoot in them.
So really bad photography. So much for consistent messaging.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Some of you should have your eyes checked. These are not BLACK, they're a new uniform and I like them ALOT.
I would be flabbergasted if we had new format jerseys and no one on this staff/team had a photoshoot/hype video done for social media.

kalld12

Banned
I would be flabbergasted if we had new format jerseys and no one on this staff/team had a photoshoot/hype video done for social media.
I dont think its out of the realm of possibility for us to have new uni combos this upcoming season. Just because they havent been posted here in this forum doesnt mean anything. These jersey's are not black like everyone thinks they are. The gold is different than any gold we've seen Collins roll out during his era. All speculation at this point

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
I dont think its out of the realm of possibility for us to have new uni combos this upcoming season. Just because they havent been posted here in this forum doesnt mean anything. These jersey's are not black like everyone thinks they are. The gold is different than any gold we've seen Collins roll out during his era. All speculation at this point
I do think we'll get new jerseys this year. I heard we were on some schedule for every 3 years, but this will be the 4th year without any major jersey changes. I just think DA's picture is filterized which is making the black look blue and the pants look more deep yellow

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
It’s the filter bro. Here’s Charlie in the same exact jersey. It’s the Black Watch uniforms.
6572C06E-C6E3-4D25-B21B-A7E355DB1A49.jpeg

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
This is gonna sound harsher than I intend, but is this supposed to be enlightening? I think most of us on here understand there hasn’t been a win or a loss in 2022. Do you think people on here believe uniform styles = wins or losses?
Without a doubt. I have seen numerous posts alluding to our W/L record in one uniform combo as opposed to another.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
OK, that is black with a different shade of gold. Sand? If they say so. Helmet? Pretty good look actually.
The helmet is probably the BlackWatch helmet we used 2 years ago in the ND game: Gold helmet with Black GT logos, Black wide stripe down the middle, and black facemask

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
OK, that is black with a different shade of gold. Sand? If they say so. Helmet? Pretty good look actually.
Idk how many times I have to say it… WE WORE THIS EXACT UNIFORM AGAINST NOTRE DAME IN 2020! SAME HELMET JERSEY PANTS HELL SAME UNDERWEAR lol there is nothing new here. Just defensive players doing a photo shoot in the black watch uniforms.

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Idk how many times I have to say it… WE WORE THIS EXACT UNIFORM AGAINST NOTRE DAME IN 2020! SAME HELMET JERSEY PANTS HELL SAME UNDERWEAR lol there is nothing new here. Just defensive players doing a photo shoot in the black watch uniforms.
I don't know why anyone is having trouble with this. There would have been 2 hype videos and a photo shoot celebrating a new jersey format if we had one. The only new thing we can really gleam from this is that we may use the BlackWatch jersey as more of our base jersey this season or something rather than it gathering dust in the closet.

I do think we will get some sort of new jersey this year, but I don't know if it will be a whole combo refresh.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I am more concerned about who is wearing those uniforms than what they look like. The only jersey color I personally didn't like, looked like mustard. As long as the players like them I really don't care.

kalld12

Banned
I don't know why anyone is having trouble with this. There would have been 2 hype videos and a photo shoot celebrating a new jersey format if we had one. The only new thing we can really gleam from this is that we may use the BlackWatch jersey as more of our base jersey this season or something rather than it gathering dust in the closet.

I do think we will get some sort of new jersey this year, but I don't know if it will be a whole combo refresh.
Whether or not the picture is edited, i still like how it turned out and whish we had uniforms that looked like that. So i'm leaving out hope yall are wrong haha