Time is now for Waller

Ggee87

Helluva Engineer
I agree its time to put up or shut up. God gave him a gift of size and ability. He needs to make it happen every chance he gets. Use his size to his advantage. Finish blocks until the whistle. Hes a freak of nature in stature. Im ready for him to break out and show us what hes made of.

Matt E

GT Athlete
If he realizes his potential it could make the offense next level good. This would be the first time in CPJ's tenure that we had two outside threats at WR. Could be interesting!

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Just lay some massive blocks and attack the ball in the air. I could see Waller being lethal with Tom Tom or Peyton in an H back/TE role. Smelter will command respect so he should get his chances one on one.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I will believe it when I see him win a contested ball and rip it away from a defender after using his body as a shield an high pointing the football with a well timed leap. Waller has made catches before and been open, but I have never seen him win a battle for a ball EVER. He needs to do that and he should be able to. I agree fully the potential is there for a good WR tandem. I hope to see it. But, like CPJ has said on many an occasion, "show me, don't tell me".

sweeper

Georgia Tech Fan
Really hope Waller can excel. This offense MUST have that top level receiver to go to the next level. As we are so run oriented, our QB will probably never be the best passser and the OL will never provide great protection. I just hope for serviceable. The equalizer is at receiver. Give me a guy strong and tall that can "outrebound" the db for the ball and we are a winner. Think back to so many big games where D Thomas bailed us out, 4th down against Clemson, FSU in Tallahassee, MSU, etc. Smelter is close (and I love that guy) but Waller should be the Baller

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
“I’m trying to redeem myself to my teammates and to the coaching staff; be accountable and reliable"

hope he can do it
I don't want to sound too harsh on the kid in responding to your quote, but the sidelines of fields gone past are littered with souls who said such things. All it takes is a little adversity to determine whether his change in mindset has any traction. We will know soon enough. I have been hard on him. That is without question, but as always, I'm rooting for him and I want nothing but the best for him.