Tija’i Whatley done for medical reasons

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
RB/slot who redshirted as a true freshman last season after being a three-star prospect out of the Darlington School in Rome, Ga.

dude went to darlington, 20k plus a year private school. He will be fine.... :) First when I saw that I figured walkon but 3star

bos

Helluva Engineer
Was wondering how he looked and what happened to him. I had asked this question about a week ago on here. He seemed to have been lost in the shuffle with so many RB/WRs and didn't have a true position. Best of luck to him, seems like a good young man.

Brings the roster down to 80. With 11 seniors, that would be 16 open spots for 2020. CGC will probably sign 25.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
This is too bad also. Whatley is fast as lightening and I was hoping he could find a place in the new O. But if his health is at stake, then no question he made the right decision.

Thanks for your efforts for our team, Tija'i! Listen to your doctors and have a great future!

GT99

Georgia Tech Fan
I've been surprised more have not left, but I expect more to leave over the next 6 mos. No inside info or anything just my speculation.

I'm pretty sure we haven't had a 6 month period in the last 20 years where nobody has left the team. Not being cynical, it's just the nature of the beast between injuries, academics, and guys just not being happy. It's not a GT thing - happens everywhere.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I'm pretty sure we haven't had a 6 month period in the last 20 years where nobody has left the team. Not being cynical, it's just the nature of the beast between injuries, academics, and guys just not being happy. It's not a GT thing - happens everywhere.
One year we had 4. That was after 47 in previous 4 years.