Thursday Night Home Games

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
Hey all! I was just thinking back about some of the best GT games I have been to, and with the exception of the 08 VT game almost all of them were Thursday night games. So I was wondering how difficult it would be to tailor our schedule to have 3,4, or possibly 5 of these a year? I know that Fridays would not really work because of how big HS football is in the state, but I feel this would be great for exposure, and lets be honest....is there any stadium in the country that looks better than BDS under the lights?

Milwaukee

Banned
giphy (90).gif

Milwaukee

Banned
Hey all! I was just thinking back about some of the best GT games I have been to, and with the exception of the 08 VT game almost all of them were Thursday night games. So I was wondering how difficult it would be to tailor our schedule to have 3,4, or possibly 5 of these a year? I know that Fridays would not really work because of how big HS football is in the state, but I feel this would be great for exposure, and lets be honest....is there any stadium in the country that looks better than BDS under the lights?

Can't wait for this thread to take shape. But don't worry, I get the joke and I like you for it. Now just sit back and watch.

IM79

Jolly Good Fellow

Code Red, I repeat, Code Red. Battle Stations. Defcon 1.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
I love Thursday night home games as well, and night games in general at Bobby Dodd tend to be the most energetic. I think one Thursday night game a year is as much as is reasonable, but I would love to have more Saturday night games!! Maybe with ACCN we'll get more night games? Also winning would get us more night games.

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
I love Thursday night home games as well, and night games in general at Bobby Dodd tend to be the most energetic. I think one Thursday night game a year is as much as is reasonable, but I would love to have more Saturday night games!! Maybe with ACCN we'll get more night games? Also winning would get us more night games.
I never thought about the ACCN night games. Hell Vandy plays multiple night games on the SECN!

panther42

Jolly Good Fellow
Why don't we just play a couple game mondays, a couple tuesday, a couple wednesday and the rest thursday?
I like the Monday idea. If we could get a split 3 mondays and 3 thursdays i'd be pretty happy. Plus think about catching clemson on that short week! I like our chances!!!

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I like the Monday idea. If we could get a split 3 mondays and 3 thursdays i'd be pretty happy. Plus think about catching clemson on that short week! I like our chances!!!
Nope. If we had 3 Monday games and 3 Thursday games, the ACC schedulers would make us play the Thursday games 3 days after the Monday games, but give our opponents a bye week before and let them have a week and a half to prepare. :mad:

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I love the Thursday night games but getting to the games is an absolute nightmare. Also, I live in the metro so getting to the game on Thursday night is possible for me but it is nearly impossible for a lot of the fans because they live far away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Nope. If we had 3 Monday games and 3 Thursday games, the ACC schedulers would make us play the Thursday games 3 days after the Monday games, but give our opponents a bye week before and let them have a week and a half to prepare. :mad:

CPJ doesn’t coach here anymore so I think this will change but I share your frustration.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I love the Thursday night games but getting to the games is an absolute nightmare. Also, I live in the metro so getting to the game on Thursday night is possible for me but it is nearly impossible for a lot of the fans because they live far away.

I feel ya. I have always enjoyed the Thursday night games but its a little over 3 hours for me to drive to ATL. that puts me at home in time to shower and get ready for work friday lol

I will still be in my seats on Thursdays but I couldn't handle many of them.