Throwbacks

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
IIRC we have to/had to (in the past) request permission from the visiting team to wear white at home. Most teams are perfectly happy to wear their home uniforms away so it's not an issue, but someone wouldn't let us or caused some issue with it. Does anyone remember what I'm talking about??? I couldn't find it online, maybe NC State a few years ago...

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
What are we gonna wear Saturday? Wanna wear something different. White helmet? Blue? Eric do you know what other uniform we have for this season

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
We always wear white on the road. And we are one of the only teams that wear white at home too.

Yep, the visitors wear light color or white and the home team wears dark. We ask permission to wear white or light at home. Most visiting teams acquiesce because they would like to wear their home colors. Every now and then we run into a hardass that say no you have to wear dark.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
I know we are one of the only teams to wear white at home (I think LSU also does this, but I could be wrong), but in years past we have had a road jersey that, while white, has been a slightly different design and has usually had white pants. In 2010 and 2011 they had a lot of dark blue on them. I was just hoping to see something different for the road I guess.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Here it is per GT Athletics Facebook page
1240293_10151737141763163_847754974_n.jpg