Three guys who could make or break GT this year

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Three guys who could make or break GT's season

Vad Lee - A good option quarterback is of course critical to this
offense...we have to be able to depend on Vad to carry the team and make
the right reads. If Vad sputters and struggles with reads or has problems
with turnovers then the offense is in big trouble. Same goes for Justin.

Darren Waller - Georgia Tech has to find a legit wide receiver that we can
turn to when we have to pass...it also helps keeps the CB's and S from
cheating up and stuffing the run game. Tech needs Waller to not only show
that he can be the go to guy passing but that he can be a consistent
blocker as well. If Waller can do those things then it will help to open
the box and the offense a ton.

Jabari Hunt-Days - Probably a name most of you did not expect to see here
but Jabari in a lot of ways is the heart of the defense. We need to see
Jabari to continue to grow on his Freshman success and show progress toward
him being a elite linebacker. Maybe more importantly than that we need
someone to be the leader of the defense and someone who can rally the
troops when things get tough..this has been a issue in past seasons. Jabari
started to fill those shoes last season and he needs to make sure everyone
knows he is the leader of the defense.

Kmag

Jolly Good Fellow
I think that there should be a defensive lineman on here. We are going to have to have some type of pressure in order to not be destroyed. I hope Jeremiah can make the switch to playing with his hand down. I also hope that the interior guys can be some run stoppers for us.

Also a special mention to Sims or Laskey here on this list.

rduck

Georgia Tech Fan
I think getting Autry back healthy at WR will be as important as anything. He and Vad seemed pretty in sync last year when he was out there. Waller has got to get it together this year also...

Need a big year out of Attaochu and the D line as well..

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
One of the upsides/downsides of not having proven big-play makers is that you don't have make it or break it guys. Dwyer and Derrick Morgan were such guys in 2009. Attaochu might have been that guy last year and again this year. Hunt-Days might be that guy. I'm not sure that we have the separation at QB or WR to pick one that is such a guy.

However, if your point is the position, I agree:
Lee/Thomas
Waller/Autry/Summers

We need one from that list to be a more than average playmaker for the season to be special. We can probably get to 9 wins with them just holding down there jobs. (I'm guessin)

thwgjacket

Kmag said:
I think that there should be a defensive lineman on here. We are going to have to have some type of pressure in order to not be destroyed. I hope Jeremiah can make the switch to playing with his hand down. I also hope that the interior guys can be some run stoppers for us.

IMHO I think Sims has a big year. He's finally 100% and he looked good at the end of last year. That coupled with the fact that we will have a viable big play threat at QB, which should keep the D from focusing on him, makes me think he gets to 1,000 yards this year.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
thwgjacket said:
Kmag said:

IMHO I think Sims has a big year. He's finally 100% and he looked good at the end of last year. That coupled with the fact that we will have a viable big play threat at QB, which should keep the D from focusing on him, makes me think he gets to 1,000 yards this year.

The QB and OL will be as much of a determining factor for BBack success as the actual guy playing BBack. I hope Vad becomes proficient at making the right reads and distributing the ball where it should go. I'm fearful he will not be as adept at this because he may rely too much on his own talent.