Thread prefix suggestions

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Can we make another tag for players we have offered, but are committed elsewhere? Maybe a red "Offered" tag or the school's name in a red label so that we can distinguish when a recruit is supposedly out of play. Not really a huge deal, just an idea in case posts like the one above get buried in later conversation so we don't have to be reminded that the player is committed to another school.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Can we make another tag for players we have offered, but are committed elsewhere? Maybe a red "Offered" tag or the school's name in a red label so that we can distinguish when a recruit is supposedly out of play. Not really a huge deal, just an idea in case posts like the one above get buried in later conversation so we don't have to be reminded that the player is committed to another school.

@John

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member

Sounds like a good idea @Cam except for the color suggestion. :cool:

Added a very dull gray "Offered" prefix that can now be used.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn't expect the world to cater to me, so please feel free to disregard, but: For us colorblind folks, the "offered" and "committed" shades don't stand out very much.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like a good idea @Cam except for the color suggestion. :cool:

Added a very dull gray "Offered" prefix that can now be used.

The gray was a much better choice both visually and symbolically. I forgot we were doing our best to keep red off the site. Thanks for listening to my suggestion!

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Hey guys, decided to move this to its own thread in the lounge.

Wouldn't expect the world to cater to me, so please feel free to disregard, but: For us colorblind folks, the "offered" and "committed" shades don't stand out very much.
I actually need some more information on this as I think accessibility is pretty important especially if it's something that can be changed easily on our end. When you say the shades don't stand out, you mean those colors in general or those colors relative to each other?

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
Hey guys, decided to move this to its own thread in the lounge.

I actually need some more information on this as I think accessibility is pretty important especially if it's something that can be changed easily on our end. When you say the shades don't stand out, you mean those colors in general or those colors relative to each other?

Relative to each other. I'm assuming that one is green-ish and one is orange-ish? or maybe one is brown? For a colorblind person like me, having one be an earth tone (red/green/brown/yellow) and another being a blue would make them stand out much better.

Again, though, I recognize I'm in the small minority, and only spoke up because it sounded liek you were taking suggestions.

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
For a colorblind person like me, having one be an earth tone (red/green/brown/yellow) and another being a blue would make them stand out much better.
Let me know if you can differentiate them any better, one is definitely no longer earthy toned.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I get the reason for the grey. I was actually going to suggest the same exact thing, but hadn't progressed to that point. I was just saying that visually, the grey blends into the header and it doesn't "pop" for me. That's probably okay because of what it is, but I have to look for the grey tag to actually see it. Just providing more feedback. I like the idea of visually differentiating the Open-Offers from the Committed-Offers.