Thoughts on GA TECH v UGA at Mercedes Benz Every year?

IslandsofGaunilo

Georgia Tech Fan
This is a rant, but it is a hard “no” for me. I don’t care how much money would be in it for us, how many beer taps MBS has, or how comfortable the seats are. We have a renowned on-campus stadium that has atmosphere, character, and history. Sure, it is deficient when you compare it to the amenities of Mercedes-Benz Stadium, but that is to miss the point. College Football during the regular season ought to be played at on-campus stadiums, period.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
This is a rant, but it is a hard “no” for me. I don’t care how much money would be in it for us, how many beer taps MBS has, or how comfortable the seats are. We have a renowned on-campus stadium that has atmosphere, character, and history. Sure, it is deficient when you compare it to the amenities of Mercedes-Benz Stadium, but that is to miss the point. College Football during the regular season ought to be played at on-campus stadiums, period.
I get you, and I am also adamantly against changing anything about our rivalry game with uga, but the MBS game once a year with a quality opponent is going to pay huge dividends with recruiting, it is a big deal to these kids to play there and it is amazing exposure for our program

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
I get you, and I am also adamantly against changing anything about our rivalry game with uga, but the MBS game once a year with a quality opponent is going to pay huge dividends with recruiting, it is a big deal to these kids to play there and it is amazing exposure for our program
Agreed.

BleedGoldNWhite21

Helluva Engineer
Hard no for me. I think playing one game a year against an ACC opponent is pretty cool and good for recruiting, but let’s keep the home and home for rivalry.

A different question regarding the UGA game…what if it was the first game of the season instead of the last one?

Buzzmaster

Georgia Tech Fan
This is probably a silly question... with UGA already playing an opponent (FLA) permanently at a neutral site...

...but as I watched Saturday night, I did wonder if at MBS v UGA every year is better than the version we're doing now & in the foreseeable future.

Thoughts?
I like the idea of us playing there at least one game a year but I just assume UGAg stay in the cesspool of the south. I really don't want them using anything in Atlanta for a recruiting edge.

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Hard no for me. I think playing one game a year against an ACC opponent is pretty cool and good for recruiting, but let’s keep the home and home for rivalry.

A different question regarding the UGA game…what if it was the first game of the season instead of the last one?
Well as spurrier said when he was at SC, you kinda like getting them early usually they got at least 2-3 contributors suspended.

SouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Absolutely no way, under no circumstances.

We tout being able to play in the Benz on a regular basis in recruiting due to being right next door, ATL, 404 etc…

Why in the world would we VOLUNTARILY extend that “benefit” to Uga? We need all the feathers we can get in our cap. Don’t give them something that we should use to our benefit to our most hated rival. Makes zero sense that anyone thinks that’s a good idea

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Count me in. The Benz is a much better venue overall. BDS is a dump (as is Sanford). Don’t get me wrong, it’s our dump and I love it, but I much rather play @ MBS.

I have to imagine the plethora of premium seats will make up the $$$
I feel like what you value in a stadium is completely alien to me. I think mbs is one of the worst venues in the nation.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I feel like what you value in a stadium is completely alien to me. I think mbs is one of the worst venues in the nation.
Word.

I’m a cubs fan and Love Wrigley for the history. Same as I feel about BDS.

If I want modern convenience and comfort I’ll watch from the living room.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
F142983F-442B-45FD-A7E3-37AE75F49FAC.jpeg
If I want modern convenience and comfort I’ll watch from the living room.

I never understood the “charm” of peeing in troughs, metal benches and four mediocre food choices.