This years team:

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
I've been swearing at the TV since the 80's when the refs would try to hand cuff Tom Hammonds and John Salley vs. Duke's golden boy frontcourt of out classed Jay Bilas and Mark Alarie.Been going on for years...tonight that crew was "old and slow" game was too fast.They were late on everything smh.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
League officiating hurts this conference 9/10 times in the NCAA tournament. Give Duke, UVA Or NC a pac 12 crew and they’re screwed in a tight game past the first weekend. Those refs aren’t afraid of hillbilly Roy or Rat face like our refs are.

coolhaji33

Jolly Good Fellow
Aside from our burden lol...I'm thrilled about the play of Cole and Wright so much to make this statement.We'll have a stronger frontcourt next year weathering the blow of losing Ben and transforming our program going forward.

After watching these two kids get consistent minutes I realize what a steal we got in regards to landing these two hidden gems.Both kids are confident beyond there years...great pass and catch instincts(good feel)...Both will bang a ton of 3's...Cole's range is scary.Both play hard...and both happen to be unique combinations of size,skill and mobility.And they flourish together on the court at the same time.KS is very similar to these two and will be another perfect fit in our system.

Next year the transformation to the "play fast" approach CJP talked about early in his hiring process will occur.He will have the guards to create the pace with JA,Devoe,Phillips,Okogie and Hayward with those young shooting bigs who all run the floor and can get rim to rim for dunks with great speed or get behind the line for 3's.That commitment to that popular style of play could change the program.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Yup. The ACC braintrust all got together to ensure the #13 team in the conference didn't win. If the refs didn't suck so bad, Tech would be 32-0 this year

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
**** the ACC! The refs are a flat out joke. I’m over this this league. Should’ve joined the Big 10 when we had the chance. Today was my breaking point with it. I would’ve sworn we were playing Duke at CIS. I knew we’d blow it but playing 5 on 8 is bull****. I hope every team in the NCAA tournament loses the first weekend because the refs can’t save there ***!
And Pastner, swear at the refs for once! It won’t ****ing hurt! You’re like a Girl Scout compared to these low end whores!
The B1G and all the rest do the same thing.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
The B1G and all the rest do the same thing.

I disagree. I grew up watching SEC basketball, and I don't remember complaints about any particular team being favored by the refs. I do remember that certain refs didn't like certain teams.

After I graduated from Tech, I moved to an ACC state. This was before Tech was in the ACC. I heard constant complaints about favoritism toward Tobacco Road schools, and a pecking order within those schools.

It still exists.

We should have gotten in the B1G. More money than the ACC and good academic schools. Many are located in or near big cities with good accessibility by air so that distance is not a huge issue. Too late now.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Hey guys; with my statements of Cole and Wright not having confidence, instinct, and BBIQ do any of you think they may have gotten wind of this and then faced reality of what was going on in their minds? Just through my experience of playing if nobody said anything to me before playing I could be off my game, but if anyone said something positive then watch out. Now I hope that someone in the know has started giving these 2 guys some very positive verbs and adjectives. They sure seemed to have picked something out.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
No doubt that the refs made sure that Senior Day ended well for Clemson.
Some tickets tack fouls for sure
2b0297d979a7f64fa7572ad24bcf374b.jpg

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
Hey guys; with my statements of Cole and Wright not having confidence, instinct, and BBIQ do any of you think they may have gotten wind of this and then faced reality of what was going on in their minds? Just through my experience of playing if nobody said anything to me before playing I could be off my game, but if anyone said something positive then watch out. Now I hope that someone in the know has started giving these 2 guys some very positive verbs and adjectives. They sure seemed to have picked something out.

Yes thank you Jay. Because of your posts on this message board the freshman are finally starting to play better.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

No. You were just wrong.

GTRX7

Helluva Engineer
Okogies 3rd foul was bull****

...and fourth. The “charge” and the non tie-up. Two worst (and most important) calls of the game. Really doomed us.

Tadric tried to carry the load with JO out, but his shots all came up short. Neither Tadric nor Ben had any legs left the last 10 min.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
I didn't listen to the audio of the game but I hope the announcers mentioned how Clemson is implicated in the FBI investigation and likely has players who will lose eligibility, vacated wins, and an out of work coaching staff. I mean it would only be fair given that the announcers have mentioned the allegations against Pastner every game since they came out with no other mention about the facts of the case.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
well, I didn't see the game but I saw stats--what it looked to me is than clem shot and MISSED a lot of 3pters in 1st half then decided to go to basket the 2nd half which forced the fouls
our highlight was OFF rebs
if Tad could shoot better we might have won

Too many mistakes and not a very good shooter, but is an ok player.
He is a freshman and unfortunately he's not Kenny Anderson, but he is going to be a good ACC PG. If you have been watching Tech basketball as long as you say you do, then you of all people should know that Paul and Brian severely crippled this program. You should also know Tech is a basketball school and will be again. We are only a couple of players away and the way this FBI thing is going that might not be as a hard of task as originally thought. This is year two of a rebuilding job and I do see improvement in team chemistry and fundamentals and over all level of play. This is team is sooo young it is not funny.