This version of BUZZ

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Now this version of BUZZ I can get behind. The ACC did really well with this rendition of our favorite mascot. The color is dead on. I'm l for this.

Screenshot_20181221-164438_Facebook.jpg

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
There’s another version, too. It’s on the back of the rear spare tire cover on the Ramblin’ Reck car.

Can’t find picture of it ... perhaps someone on this board has it.

BilldGopher

Jolly Good Fellow
Now this version of BUZZ I can get behind. The ACC did really well with this rendition of our favorite mascot. The color is dead on. I'm l for this.

View attachment 4808
Agree...that's a very cool rendition of Buzz.

Some of you may know/remember that Lou Holtz was Minnesota's HC for 1984-85 before jumping on to Notre Dame. Goldy looked like this when Carpetbagger Lou arrived:
1986-goldy.gif
...but during his tenure Goldy was made to look like this:
upload_2018-12-21_17-3-53.png
...often called "Angry Goldy."

Well, there was such a hullabaloo about "Angry Goldy" scaring little kids that he only lasted for one season...and went back to "Nice Goldy."

Messing with mascots is no minor thing...but UM was already super-PC long before it became culturally fashionable...a.k.a. can't have a "mean mascot." I've got a number of Angry Goldy souvenir items that are treasures now. Sure similar for Jacket fans as Buzz has evolved over the years.

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-21_17-0-10.png
    upload_2018-12-21_17-0-10.png
    5.5 KB · Views: 21

MikeJacket1967

Helluva Engineer
Agree...that's a very cool rendition of Buzz.

Some of you may know/remember that Lou Holtz was Minnesota's HC for 1984-85 before jumping on to Notre Dame. Goldy looked like this when Carpetbagger Lou arrived:
1986-goldy.gif
...but during his tenure Goldy was made to look like this: View attachment 4810...often called "Angry Goldy."

Well, there was such a hullabaloo about "Angry Goldy" scaring little kids that he only lasted for one season...and went back to "Nice Goldy."

Messing with mascots is no minor thing...but UM was already super-PC long before it became culturally fashionable...a.k.a. can't have a "mean mascot." I've got a number of Angry Goldy souvenir items that are treasures now. Sure similar for Jacket fans as Buzz has evolved over the years.
Angry Goldie is better(y)

I just like the fact Buzz is gold. If we are talking brand management then our colors should be gold, white, and.... navy. If that's the plan then it needs to be implemented across all phases.
The colors of Buzz were not changed, because they have always been gold and BLACK, and because the actual insect is yellow and BLACK, not blue. This was stated when blue was adopted as a secondary, instead of tertiary, color last Spring.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
I didn't even notice that, but you're right; I don't like that. They did not change the black on buzz's costume to blue, so that should not be blue either.
So in other words , Supersize, you liked it until someone pointed out navy to you, then you didn’t like it? Maybe we are slowly winning you over! Come to the dark (blue) side. :greyalien: (Sorry, that’s the closest to Darth Vader I could find)

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
The colors of Buzz were not changed, because they have always been gold and BLACK, and because the actual insect is yellow and BLACK, not blue. This was stated when blue was adopted as a secondary, instead of tertiary, color last Spring.

Thank you, Super. Before following this board I was ignorant to the fact that some folks truly dislike GT blue. I was one of the morons who would show up in navy blue on game day (slimming color for a fat fella). Now, I’m still fat and still a moron but now I wear GOLD. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk