This smart phone stuff and Google is getting creepy

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
My wife and I went to the game Saturday. Rode MARTA to North Ave. As we walked by the V my wife suggested we get a quick bite to eat. Walked to BDS and milled around Callaway Plaza for a few minutes. I texted our daughter to let her know we were on campus. As I was typing the two letters "fo" in the word "for" my iPhone predicted/suggested that I was going type "frosted orange".

Folks...I have never typed "frosted orange" or gone to the Varsity's website from that iPhone. That damned Google had to have tracked me at the Varsity. why else would it have predicted I was going to type frosted orange in my text message?

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Folks...I have never typed "frosted orange" or gone to the Varsity's website from that iPhone. That damned Google had to have tracked me at the Varsity. why else would it have predicted I was going to type frosted orange in my text message?

I know Google has contextual search and I believe you can turn this on or off if you search with an account.

Was the app you were using to text from Google? Thought iPhones have iMessage or something like that for app that Google has nothing to do with.

And lastly... is the frosted orange some must have thing at The Varsity? :D

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
John:

After telling this story to others in the past few days I was schooled that Google has nothing to do with my iPhone in this situation (I admit, I'm technologically, a C student). It just blew my mind that the iPhone suggested "Frosted Orange" after I typed f then o. :)

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I know Google has contextual search and I believe you can turn this on or off if you search with an account.

Was the app you were using to text from Google? Thought iPhones have iMessage or something like that for app that Google has nothing to do with.

And lastly... is the frosted orange some must have thing at The Varsity? :D

Yes, you heretic! :ROFLMAO: