This really stinks

I was at the Purdue Peach Bowl. There must have been 100 people at the game. It was bitterly cold, Eddie Lee Ivory was out, and it was on Christmas. What a miserable day!
I thought I was at that game, but if it was on Christmas Day (and I confirmed that it was), I am sure I was not there. Why on earth would anyone schedule a game for Christmas Day? SMH

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I thought I was at that game, but if it was on Christmas Day (and I confirmed that it was), I am sure I was not there. Why on earth would anyone schedule a game for Christmas Day? SMH
GT and Pepper Rodgers campaigned big time for the 1978 Peach Bowl and then nobody showed up as well as getting slaughtered. It hurt GT's chances of being invited back for a long time. Paul Hornung said in his book that when he heard that Eddie Lee Ivery wasn't going to play he bet Purdue and the points(GT was favored by 7 1/2).

Last edited:

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
GT and Pepper Rodgers campaigned big time for the 1978 Peach Bowl and then nobody showed up as well as getting slaughtered. It hurt GT's chances of being invited back for a long time. Paul Hornung said in his book that when he heard that Eddie Lee Ivory wasn't going to play he bet Purdue and the points(GT was favored by 7 1/2).

*Ivery

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I was at the Purdue Peach Bowl. There must have been 100 people at the game. It was bitterly cold, Eddie Lee Ivory was out, and it was on Christmas. What a miserable day!

This might be the peach bowl my pop talks about but I'm not certain. The one I remember him talking about he said he'd never been more cold and miserable. Said it was raining, sleeting, and snowing all at the same time and he has never been more miserable.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
This might be the peach bowl my pop talks about but I'm not certain. The one I remember him talking about he said he'd never been more cold and miserable. Said it was raining, sleeting, and snowing all at the same time and he has never been more miserable.
I sold programs at a cold, rainy night (?) Peach Bowl involving Arizona State. I think I took home $6.00 that game. that might have been the one your dad remembers.

Tech has only been to the peach twice I'm pretty sure.
Four times ---
1971. The team didn't want to go, but Carson insisted. Ole Miss 41 - Tech 18. Carson was fired shortly afterwards
1978, the aforementioned loss to Purdue on Christmas Day
2000, although then called the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. LSU 28 - Tech 14
2008, again as the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. LSU 38 - Tech 3

We don't need to go back.....LOL

GPD

Jolly Good Fellow
Think the Aloha Bowl game against Stanford was a Christmas game also... don't remember the year, but do remember a late victory...!

Anyone here at that game? Surely that would be a most unique Christmas experience